Contribute
Register

Looking to build a Hackintosh rig for Music Production help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey everyone im looking to build my first hackintosh rig to be optimized for music productions some of the software im running is:

Protools 9
Logic 9
Reason 5
Waves Bundle

I have been doing a lot of research for what kind of build that would work best for me but if anyone has built a rig that works like a dream please feel free to fill me in :D

it would also help if the machine could run the CS5 suite well and Diablo 3 when it come out ;)

Thanks again and I REALLY appreciate the help

Oh yeah and my budget is around $1000-1400

I have a presonus Firebox and gonna be upgrading to duet soon that will work correct

yeah the 1200 is strictly for the mackintosh

I appreciate the help!

As you can tell Im quite the noob and this is the first rig im gonna build but I', gonna get some help from buddy when it comes to assembling it and he has built multiple rigs but never a Hackintosh

But this is what i was thinking:

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7260S-0B - OEM

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX850 V2 850W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance

CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core

what do you think

Any Advice to upgrade or even downgrade

and how does it work when new updates come out for apple?

and are macintoshes gonna work for Lion when it comes out?

Thanks for the feedback i think 2 hard drives is a great idea!

should i get 2 SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive?

yea i got a isolated vocal booth, so sound from the comp wont be an issue altough i dont want it to be to loud, but is it a good idea to get a Main Hard Drive an SSD or something like that

sorry about rookie questions

hi
does Ga-X58A-ud3r works without any issues for protools HD2 pcie ?
i want a very stable system ? 24/7
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back