Motherboard
HP ProBook 650 G1 (Clover)
CPU
i5-4330m Haswell r. 06
Graphics
HD 4600 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a (mostly) fully operational HP ProBook 650 G2 running High Sierra and the one item not working is WiFi.

I know the Intel card that came with it needs to be replaced in order to make that happen, however researching the provided information for replacement WiFi cards plus the 650 G2 has lead me to an issue I don't feel comfortable just purchasing one of the cards that works until I can get advice from someone about the WiFi card, it seems all of the A/E keyed M.2 cards all state (in bad English - clearly all of the BCM94352Z sellers are either the same person or just cut/paste the same info) "Note: This wireless card could not compact with any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop. " I can't seem to find one that explicitly states it will work with an HP, only the dire message that it won't, although I have found a couple that claim they are for a Lenovo laptop.

Spending a few minutes to save a couple bucks brings me to my real question: Is this card actually not compatible with HP computers? I'm finding that kind of hard to believe but I'd rather be risk a little time rather than needlessly spend $30 on a card that physically won't work.

Thanks in advance.

I have a (mostly) fully operational HP ProBook 650 G2 running High Sierra and the one item not working is WiFi.

I know the Intel card that came with it needs to be replaced in order to make that happen, however researching the provided information for replacement WiFi cards plus the 650 G2 has lead me to an issue I don't feel comfortable just purchasing one of the cards that works until I can get advice from someone about the WiFi card, it seems all of the A/E keyed M.2 cards all state (in bad English - clearly all of the BCM94352Z sellers are either the same person or just cut/paste the same info) "Note: This wireless card could not compact with any IBM/Thinkpad/IBM or HP version laptop. " I can't seem to find one that explicitly states it will work with an HP, only the dire message that it won't, although I have found a couple that claim they are for a Lenovo laptop.

Spending a few minutes to save a couple bucks brings me to my real question: Is this card actually not compatible with HP computers? I'm finding that kind of hard to believe but I'd rather be risk a little time rather than needlessly spend $30 on a card that physically won't work.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, no WiFi whitelist implemented in your BIOS, so you can install any compatible WiFi card.
Read laptop FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back