Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87M D3H
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 780
Good afternoon

I am new to building a hackintosh and I have only build one before using a sandy bridge cpu and gigabyte board. (went very well, was a east as installing windows or linux)

Anyway I had my system using the new gigabyte z97mx gaming 5 motherboard but was having problems getting it to boot without the usb so I swapped it out and purchased a gigabyte Z87M D3H.

I have the system all built up and it loads my windows system that is store on the drive but when I go to boot using the unibeast installer (its a usb 3.0 drive don't know if that matters) it get stuck on the black screen and dosen't get past it.
I cannot remove the gpu as my 2560x1400 display goes mad when on internal graphics.

I have attached a picture (sorry its not very good but not really much to see)

specs:
Gigabyte z87m d3H
i5 4670k
8GB ram
Asus gtx 780 ACX cooler
Maverick unibeast installer

Attachments

• IMG_20140724_150106175.jpg
    IMG_20140724_150106175.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 95
I'm not an expert but i had the same MB u have, i used to boot the usb without any flags. make sure to set your bios correctly.
Load defaults settings, and disable the internal graphics under peripherals since your not using it.
try to use thses flags to boot the usb: -x and GraphicsEnabler=No.
if it doesn't work, use USB 2 Flash Drive.

Thanks and I have tried what you suggested, never had so much trouble with an install before think it might be the GPU but looks like I will probably sell the system but a real Mac not worth the trouble anymore as it won't even get to the install so can't load boot flags or anything.

Thanks again for trying to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back