Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-H270-HD3 ATX 1151 USB3 DDR4
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz QuadCore Kaby Lake
Graphics
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB
Hi guys, I'm currently finalizing the list of parts that'll be going into my first CustoMac and was hoping for some advice on the components I've picked - almost everything was selected using the Budget ATX section of the March buyer's guide, so I'm hoping it's all okay, but this post was mainly just to double check compatibility and to make sure I've not overlooked anything as I've never built a desktop of any kind before.

Here's the list:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H270-HD3 ATX 1151 USB3 DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake 3.6 GHz QuadCore
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5inch SSD
RAM: Crucial CT2K8G4DFD8213 16GB DDR4 2133 MT/s
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB
PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK CS650M 650W
Wireless Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band Wireless PCI
Case: Corsair CC-9011023-WW Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX

So I have a few questions about the above parts:
- Firstly, will the above build be fine to run High Sierra?
- Regarding the GPU - the GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Memory wasn't listed in the buyer's guide, just the 3GB version. Is the version I've picked compatible?
- Does anyone know if the Corsair case is going to be large enough for this build? I had a quick look at the dimensions of the parts, and it seems to definitely accommodate the GPU and PSU, but I've read that others had a hard time with it's smaller size.
- Finally, can anyone recommend a CPU cooler? I'm preferably looking to buy the cheapest one that's good enough to prevent the CPU from cooking itself whilst playing mid to high-end games.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. The list of parts isn't 100% final so I'm open to suggestions in terms of other options for each component, though I am looking to purchase everything either tomorrow evening or the day after. I'm based in the UK if that changes anything.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys, I'm currently finalizing the list of parts that'll be going into my first CustoMac and was hoping for some advice on the components I've picked - almost everything was selected using the Budget ATX section of the March buyer's guide, so I'm hoping it's all okay, but this post was mainly just to double check compatibility and to make sure I've not overlooked anything as I've never built a desktop of any kind before.

Here's the list:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-H270-HD3 ATX 1151 USB3 DDR4
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake 3.6 GHz QuadCore
SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB 2.5inch SSD
RAM: Crucial CT2K8G4DFD8213 16GB DDR4 2133 MT/s
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB
PSU: Corsair CP-9020077-UK CS650M 650W
Wireless Adapter: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 N900 Dual Band Wireless PCI
Case: Corsair CC-9011023-WW Carbide Series 200R Compact ATX

So I have a few questions about the above parts:
- Firstly, will the above build be fine to run High Sierra?
- Regarding the GPU - the GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5 Memory wasn't listed in the buyer's guide, just the 3GB version. Is the version I've picked compatible?
- Does anyone know if the Corsair case is going to be large enough for this build? I had a quick look at the dimensions of the parts, and it seems to definitely accommodate the GPU and PSU, but I've read that others had a hard time with it's smaller size.
- Finally, can anyone recommend a CPU cooler? I'm preferably looking to buy the cheapest one that's good enough to prevent the CPU from cooking itself whilst playing mid to high-end games.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. The list of parts isn't 100% final so I'm open to suggestions in terms of other options for each component, though I am looking to purchase everything either tomorrow evening or the day after. I'm based in the UK if that changes anything.

Cheers!

(1) Yes, this build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra.
(2) Yes, that GPU should be compatible.
(3) I think so. The 200R should be large enough.

Are you going to install Windows as well? If so I recommend installing MacOS and Windows on separate disks which are easier to manage.

(1) Yes, this build should be compatible with MacOS High Sierra.
(2) Yes, that GPU should be compatible.
(3) I think so. The 200R should be large enough.

Are you going to install Windows as well? If so I recommend installing MacOS and Windows on separate disks which are easier to manage.

Thanks a lot for the help.

I'll be installing both, yeah. I was hoping to just partition the 500GB SSD. Why is it that you recommend separate disks entirely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back