CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Sapphire Pulse RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a ABWB-050815 PCI-E Adapter, <1m from my keyboard and trackpad (under the desk) but as soon as I connect BT headphones they become laggy, and the sound choppy. I'm wondering if a more powerful adapter/antenna combo could fix this (and maybe also increase the range a bit)? If so, what to do you guys recommend?

I have a ABWB-050815 PCI-E Adapter, <1m from my keyboard and trackpad (under the desk) but as soon as I connect BT headphones they become laggy, and the sound choppy. I'm wondering if a more powerful adapter/antenna combo could fix this (and maybe also increase the range a bit)? If so, what to do you guys recommend?
Add extension to the antenna to bring them above your desk!

At that point I might as well wire my keyboard, trackpad.
Bluetooth is a weak powered wireless signal; for the most part most cards are created equal. BT does not have a a lot of penetrating power. Water is its main killer and most desk are made from wood even dried wood contains some amount of water. I use a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse when I used Logitech BT dongle plugged into the USB it sucked, when I used the BT from my Fenvi it sucked. So I got a 4' USB A Male to a USB A Female cable and mounted it to the shelf on my desk and plugged the BT dongle in now my keyboard and mouse work amazing. Having a wire from my computer to my desk is hardly the same as wiring the keyboard and trackpad or mouse. Run the antenna wire with your monitor wire!

Last edited:
Fair point, and running it with the cables is a good idea. But mine isn't a dongle, it's a wifi/bluetooth chip connected via the pci-e. I'm thinking that if my phone can connect to my headphones from the other end of the house, my antennas (which are not enclosed by my desk - it's just 4 legs, not walls - all very open), should do a better job connecting to my devices sitting practically on top of them.

Fair point, and running it with the cables is a good idea. But mine isn't a dongle, it's a wifi/bluetooth chip connected via the pci-e. I'm thinking that if my phone can connect to my headphones from the other end of the house, my antennas (which are not enclosed by my desk - it's just 4 legs, not walls - all very open), should do a better job connecting to my devices sitting practically on top of them.

My phones (iPhone X) BT sucks across my house it also sucks in my pocket while riding my bike so maybe your just lucky with yours. My Desk is a top only with legs I have a sit stand desk but does not seem to work great with the BT keyboard/mouse but works perfectly fine with my speaker. Maybe it is the keyboard and mouse/trackpad and less the Desk.

I do not know what kind of wifi/bt card you have but they make some adapters for the antenna that will allow you to put the antenna somewhere else search google for something like this:

Triple 6dBi Dual Band Antenna WiFi Bluetooth Wireless Extender RP-SMA Male Wire

It could also be getting interference from your router.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back