Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, since I've been trying to get Audio working on an ASUS-Board for a few weeks (which seems is never going to work) I'm going to try a Gigabyte-Board instead.
So I have an Intel Core i3-2100 processor (socket 1155) and am looking for a board which is easy to configure (running multibeast and that's it ^^) and where the audio is definitely working (because it will be used for audio processing).
Firewire would be nice but is not necessary, onboard graphical output will not be needed either, because I got a dedicated graphics card.

Any suggestions? Price as low as possible but feel free to suggest without looking for the money.

Thanks at first. So I'm going to get the Asus P8P67 Pro.
Do you use the rev. 3.0 or 3.1? It seems that the only difference between those two is the manufacturer of the USB3-Chip (NEC with 3.0 or ASMedia with 3.1), so:

Do your USB3-Slots work?
What about firewire?
And eSata?

Sorry if I'm nagging you, but I want to know it ^^

Zukunftsmusik said:
Thanks at first. So I'm going to get the Asus P8P67 Pro.
Do you use the rev. 3.0 or 3.1? It seems that the only difference between those two is the manufacturer of the USB3-Chip (NEC with 3.0 or ASMedia with 3.1), so:

Do your USB3-Slots work?
What about firewire?
And eSata?

Sorry if I'm nagging you, but I want to know it ^^

yes I'm not sure about the esata though...

Excuse me again, but do you use rev 3.0 or 3.1?

I don't have any more patience with this thing. I just want to get the right board so everything will just work fine. And with everything I mean the audio interface. And maybe the firewire ^^

go for a gigabyte board if you want something simple.

i say that, even though i own an asus.
for ease of use, with minimal effort required, gigabyte is best with osx.

magestrate said:
yes I'm not sure about the esata though...
Okay forget about eSata. Could you please tell me, which revision you are using? I'm not sure about taking the 3.0 or 3.1. Maybe they changed a little more than the USB3 chip, which prevents the whole board from working...

samisnake said:
go for a gigabyte board if you want something simple.

i say that, even though i own an asus.
for ease of use, with minimal effort required, gigabyte is best with osx.
Yeah I'd like to go for a gigabyte board. But I'm tired of searching the whole forum for the one suiting my needs. So I'd like to stick with the Asus-Board mentioned above. The only information I still need is, whether he uses the revision 3.0 oder 3.1 and as soon as he tells me I'm going to buy it. ;)

magestrate said:
i got the 3.1 revision
Wonderful! Thank you for the info. I'm gonna buy it as soon as possible and test it.
Merry Christmas and a happy and so on...

Zukunftsmusik said:
magestrate said:
i got the 3.1 revision
Wonderful! Thank you for the info. I'm gonna buy it as soon as possible and test it.
Merry Christmas and a happy and so on...

Try Gigabyte GA z68Mx udh2 b3 Rev 1.3
not one KP ever, around 140 on amazon great upgrade ability ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back