Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone! I just want to say that I've been lurking here for a little bit and I love this site and it seems like there a lot of friendly people here. I'm pretty new to this scene. I just recently installed my retail version of 10.6.3 and I can't seem to get my volume buttons to work. I saw Deviato had a kext but it's not available for download. Can anyone help me out?
Thank you! Here is the link to the original download kext.
http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/10-6-3-driver-update/

Volkstech said:
Hello everyone! I just want to say that I've been lurking here for a little bit and I love this site and it seems like there a lot of friendly people here. I'm pretty new to this scene. I just recently installed my retail version of 10.6.3 and I can't seem to get my volume buttons to work. I saw Deviato had a kext but it's not available for download. Can anyone help me out?
Thank you! Here is the link to the original download kext.
http://deviato.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/10-6-3-driver-update/
You can use MultiBeast/Kexts/Audio/AppleHDA Rollback.

Thanks toleda! I have the modified Chameleon 2 RC4 bootloader, to get (wide) native resolution installed. If I load Multibeast will it overwrite Chameleon or do I have to do another fresh install for everything to work?

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Volkstech said:
Thanks toleda! I have the modified Chameleon 2 RC4 bootloader, to get (wide) native resolution installed. If I load Multibeast will it overwrite Chameleon or do I have to do another fresh install for everything to work?
:
No.

toleda said:
Volkstech said:
:
No.
Can you be more specific please?

So I installed Chimera and performed a rollback but I have lost my native resolution. I don't even know if my audio works correctly yet :? I'll need to figure how to get that back working. Looks like I'm back to the drawing board. It's a good thing I have this site to reference from :D

Volkstech said:
So I installed Chimera and performed a rollback but I have lost my native resolution. I don't even know if my audio works correctly yet :? I'll need to figure how to get that back working. Looks like I'm back to the drawing board. It's a good thing I have this site to reference from :D
Why did you install Chimera? All you needed was "MultiBeast/Kexts/Audio/AppleHDA Rollback"

Now you know why I need help! :lol: I patched it again with Deviato's patch (ChameleonMR2) to get resolution again but it reverted back to Chameleon. I was reading that Chimera is Chameleon anyways which makes sense that it reverted. It would be great if someone could put up a guide to installing Leopard 10.6.3 on the Dell Inspiron 1545. I know there are guides for installing on other computers just not Dell Inspiron 1545. Kernel Panic screen is almost flash burned into my screen because I've seen it so much. ;)

As for any forward progress, my volume buttons still don't work so I'm back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back