Contribute
Register

Looking for Advice on my Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I'm fairly new to the community and looking forward to building my first Hackintosh.

I've done some research and have been following the December Buyer's Guide: CustoMac mATX

The parts I have selected are:

- CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
- MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX
- Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB
- Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB M.2 (Windows) & Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5 (OSX)
- Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0
- Case: Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case
- PSU: Corsair CSM 550W
- WNA: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 PCI-Express

Now to give some context of my usage. I am currently a student in college and trying to get the best of both worlds in this setup by "dual-booting". I currently use a Dell XPS 15 as my daily driver and have wanted to upgrade my gaming experience as well as not have to rely on the computer labs at school when I need to do iOS Development and use certain software.

I figured why not do both, and this is where I am today. My greatest concerns being the stability of OS X. Honestly, if I can use Xcode and sketch, I'll probably be more than happy. iMessage and some native features aren't as important to me.

If all of the above looks in order, I guess I'll prepare myself to learn more about the installation process and to make sure nothing breaks in the process.

Thank you so much for your time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Let the building begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back