Contribute
Register

Looking for a Problem-Free Motherboard (or as close as I can get)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, I'd like a motherboard that is capable and expandable, but I had a bad experience with the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5. It kept creating new, false boot entries on startup, and while trying to fix that I managed to nearly brick the system.

It's been months since that happened, and I think I'm going to give the build another shot with a different motherboard. If anyone here has a motherboard they could recommend that is about as capable as the Z170X-UD5, but doesn't carry any seemingly intractable problems along with it, I'd definitely appreciate the recommendation.

(Right now I'm leaning towards the GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra, just because it's listed in the same category as the UD5 in the current buyer's guide. I'd be especially interested in anyone's experiences with that board)

Basically, I'd like a motherboard that is capable and expandable, but I had a bad experience with the Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5. It kept creating new, false boot entries on startup, and while trying to fix that I managed to nearly brick the system.

It's been months since that happened, and I think I'm going to give the build another shot with a different motherboard. If anyone here has a motherboard they could recommend that is about as capable as the Z170X-UD5, but doesn't carry any seemingly intractable problems along with it, I'd definitely appreciate the recommendation.

(Right now I'm leaning towards the GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra, just because it's listed in the same category as the UD5 in the current buyer's guide. I'd be especially interested in anyone's experiences with that board)
this worked for removing and stopping the extra boot entries:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-further-problems.175274/page-13#post-1307900

(this was on an Asus motherboard so it this issue isn't motherboard dependant)

I did the method from the post that feartech posted and it worked for me. I am using a Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5. I think too it depends on the motherboard as well for those extra boot entries. I used an Asus Z170I Pro Gaming Mini-ITX with a build and I never had the extra boot entries problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back