Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z590E
CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone know how to change whatever needs to be changed so that the Ethernet adapter for this board works in Ventura, lol?

Anyone know how to change whatever needs to be changed so that the Ethernet adapter for this board works in Ventura, lol?
This works for me in Monterey of Ventura, same controller on two different boards.

Attachments

• I225-V.plist
    653 bytes · Views: 174
This works for me in Monterey of Ventura, same controller on two different boards.
Yeah, not sure what it is, but I actually already know what I need to do....

Does anyone happen to know where I can find AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext (the one from Monterey would do)

Then I've already got an SSDT file, and I'm just going to inject in OpenCore. It's a temp fix at least!

Yeah, not sure what it is, but I actually already know what I need to do....

Does anyone happen to know where I can find AppleIntel210Ethernet.kext (the one from Monterey would do)

Then I've already got an SSDT file, and I'm just going to inject in OpenCore. It's a temp fix at least!
Seems like a lot of extra work to do instead of just adding one line to you config.plist, up to you

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like a lot of extra work to do instead of just adding one line to you config.plist, up to you
Adding one line? Are you referring to the typical boot-arg? Again I'm not sure if there is more than one public beta of Ventura. But the version I'm running is for sure broken unless you either do a custom firmware on the Ethernet card or use the SSDT and inject the kext into OC. So by any chance happen to have that file lmao?

I’m confusing you, assumed you were familiar editing config.plists based on your post. I uploaded a part of mine that is one entry in the DeviceProperties section I use and what works to initialize the I225-V controller (same as your board).
It worked on Beta 2 and 3 releases

I’m confusing you, assumed you were familiar editing config.plists based on your post. I uploaded a part of mine that is one entry in the DeviceProperties section I use and what works to initialize the I225-V controller (same as your board).
It worked on Beta 2 and 3 releases
I am familiar with editing config.plists. But everything I've read says that no longer works.

I am familiar with editing config.plists. But everything I've read says that no longer works.
Got it working on two different machines that way so I don’t know what to tell you….did you try searching GitHub for your kext?

Got it working on two different machines that way so I don’t know what to tell you….did you try searching GitHub for your kext?
Nope. I'm unable to find the kext. It's apparently located (pre Ventura) here:

/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext

Last edited:
@odine2012
DeviceProperties.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.5 KB · Views: 67
Back