Contribute
Register

Looking for a kext from IONetworking

Thank you for posting the plist... Yeah, that's what I always used to do in the past. But it's no longer working in the version of Ventura I'm running. I gotta boot into Ventura to see which beta it is. However, various sources are saying Apple removed that kext from IONetworkingFamily.

Thank you for posting the plist... Yeah, that's what I always used to do in the past. But it's no longer working in the version of Ventura I'm running. I gotta boot into Ventura to see which beta it is. However, various sources are saying Apple removed that kext from IONetworkingFamily.
It is beta so lots of possible issues to find…can you link to what you are reading? I’m curious what is being said.

It is beta so lots of possible issues to find…can you link to what you are reading? I’m curious what is being said.
I'm not sure if im allowed to link to outside mac sources here? Feels like I got in trouble for that before. your a mod is it OK, lol?

UPDATE: Well I found one related to a specific board. But I know I saw a thread where many people were referring to that anyways, and it was working and needed to be done for them. I'll keep checking my history. It's super long today and all i225v related IMAO!

Anyways using your addition to DeviceProperties and even adding the boot-arg e1000=0 or even trying dk.e1000=0 neither gets the card to even be detected...... Im also on OC 0.8.3 hmmmmmmmmm

Might have an idea gotta reboot back soon!

Last edited:
I'm not sure if im allowed to link to outside mac sources here? Feels like I got in trouble for that before. your a mod is it OK, lol?

UPDATE: Well I found one related to a specific board. But I know I saw a thread where many people were referring to that anyways, and it was working and needed to be done for them. I'll keep checking my history. It's super long today and all i225v related IMAO!

Anyways using your addition to DeviceProperties and even adding the boot-arg e1000=0 or even trying dk.e1000=0 neither gets the card to even be detected...... Im also on OC 0.8.3 hmmmmmmmmm

That kext is uploaded here

Did you read this?

No, I had not yet seen that one which looks promising. Really great find. Thank you!
Here is another guide for both Monterey and Ventura

OK so all that I needed to do was use the SSDT-I225V.aml file and also AppleIntelI210Ethernet which is from an install before Ventura exact location is in one of my previous posts but once those two changes were made everything began working just fine without the need for any additions to DeviceProperties in fact the only reason you would need that now is if you did custom firmware instead on your I225V card! Anyways needless to say I got everything working and i'm really liking Ventura so far!

OK so all that I needed to do was use the SSDT-I225V.aml file and also AppleIntelI210Ethernet which is from an install before Ventura exact location is in one of my previous posts but once those two changes were made everything began working just fine without the need for any additions to DeviceProperties in fact the only reason you would need that now is if you did custom firmware instead on your I225V card! Anyways needless to say I got everything working and i'm really liking Ventura so far!
Glad its working, I think your issues probably relate to not having AppleVTD enabled per my last post.

Back