CPU
i5
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I`m looking to see what input everyone has.

I`m looking to get a card that will run good for gaming with OS X 10.8.2 currently I have a ASUS GTX680 and I have got it working even with the OpenGL plugin. I mostly play Counter strike Global offensive and it runs with 200-250fps but moving the mouse side to side gets really bad mouse lag / screen tear. I have tried the triple buffer but the lag from mouse input to screen is to far out there to even try and aim. Any info / help would be great as to I want to move on from windows for good. Ty

Why not dual boot with windows for gaming? Windows has a far better selection of games.

Yeah that`s what i`m doing now. In my old age i`m slowing down on gaming and only play Cs:go and i see Black ops is on mac now so i would like to give that a try as i really like Black ops on pc. Out side of that i use photo shop the most. Would like to get away from dual booting for one game and everything else is done in osx.

I gotcha, how hard is it switching from one operating system to another? As that is what I had planned on doing once I have my machine built.

Do you mean as for all my programs i use and all that. ? Everything is good except the one game.

That 680 is a monster for games, so technically you shouldn't have any issues other than the simple fact (IMO, of course) that Mac gaming performance is still not even close to what you can get in Windows. I completely feel your pain, because I try and try to get games to work as well under OS X, but it usually ends in disappointment. With WoW, Diablo III, many of the games available on Steam, etc... the OS X version might work well enough, but boot into Windows and run the Windows version of the same game and the difference is usually quite drastic.

I guess my point, after that rambling, is that you already have a fantastic video card for gaming. I personally boot to Windows 7 and game there - even my dated GTX 470 does a decent job there.

Good luck!

- Coolz

Yeah i know what you mean and been there done that..LoL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back