Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z170A Krait Gaming
CPU
i5 6600K @4,6 GHz
Graphics
Sapphire R9 390 Nitro w/ backplate
Hi. I've got some friends that have discovered the world of hackintosh and now want to build PCs to use both Windows 10 and MacOS. Ryzen still does not work well and needs lots of workarounds, so I thought to make them Intel configs with i7 7700Ks.

One of these friends is more into MacOS and hackintosh worlds than I am. He found a GA-Z270-UD5 at a discount and bought it. We haven't installed MacOS, yet, but it should work quite well (other users tested that board with the same Kaby Lake CPU).

Another friend, instead, asked us to make a config for him. He has a budget of 1500€, that seem quite a lot for a PC. Unfortunately because of taxes in Italy and horrible pricing of CPUs, mobos and GPUs, we have a limited budget for the mainboard.
I'm looking for a Z270 board for 140€ or less (only Amazon, unfortunately for my friend) that has fewer problems as possible with MacOS High Sierra. What one should we buy to also achieve a nice overclock on the CPU?

Here you are the motherboards that I found on Amazon Italy in this price range: Gigabyte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, MSI Z270 SLI Plus, MSI Z270 PC Mate, MSI Z270 Gaming Plus, MSI Z270 Tomahawk, Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P, Asus Z270-P.

I've also found the Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming that seems compatible. What about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back