CPU
i7-12700KF
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After assembling my friend A's rig and installing Mountain Lion from App Store 10.8.4 via UniBeast method, I came to this issue.
After waking from sleep the display takes about 3 to 5 minutes to wake up, while the pc is waking instantly.
the specs:
  • Intel i7 3770k CPU
  • GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
  • EVGA nVidia GTX 680 SC Signature 2GB Graphic Card
  • 32 GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 1600 MHz
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
  • Samsung 840 pro 512 GB ssd (OSX)
  • Samsung 840 basic 120 GB ssd (Windows 7)
  • Cooler Master gx650 Power Supply
  • Cooler Master Silencio 550 Chassis
  • TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band WiFi Card
  • Belkin Bluetooth Dongle F8T016
The installation went flawless, custom DSDT (PJALM patch), SSDT, macmini 6,2 SysDef and evrything is working properly, including HDMI Audio, Ivy Bridge Power Management, AGPM etc...
The only issue I got is this long wake from sleep.
Now this is not the first time I get this kind of problem, and I tried different solutions which are working for many other configurations, but not this time:
  • Triple checked bios config (and tried different combinations of bios set)
  • Darkwake=0 to Darkwake=10 (I know that is for Autosleep, but you'll never know)
  • Removed \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0) line from dsdt.aml
  • tried different displays (Samsung full hd via hdmi connector and Apple Cinema Display 27" non thunderbolt)
After that, I came to a procedure (found on Apple site, sorry I don't remember where) that gave me a partial solution, of course I applied these next steps to a Unibeast process, instead of a real Mac ones.
  1. Remove User\Library\Caches folder and User\Library\Cookies folder
  2. Reboot into UniBeast and Repair Permission and Repair Disk from Install app Disk Utilty
  3. Reboot into Mac ssd.
As I said this seems to be a partial solution, 'cause the monitor woke up instantly after sleep, but after a while (don't remember what I did precisely, but I installed some kind of app, like Adobe cs6, enabled cuda drivers, Tuxera etc...) display wake from sleep didn't work anymore. I thought it was a Repair Permission or Rebuilt Cache related issue, but after re-fixing wake (Unibeast boot as described above), repairing Permission and Rebuilding Cache, the issue wasn't there anymore.
After that I tested Prime95 @4,4 GHz, migration from a backup HDD, and bam! long wake display again!
Anybody has experienced that?

try removing the darkwake flag for some people like me this breaks sleep this fixed the long wake issue

Heya.. I'm experiencing an issue where the system wakes up immediately but the monitor does not.. I have NOT tried waiting 4-5 mins.. I'll do that next and report back.

Are you on 10.8.4 still?

yes on 8.4

try removing the darkwake flag for some people like me this breaks sleep this fixed the long wake issue

No luck, man! Thanks anyway!
I wonder if it could be related to something about the bootloader (chimera, in this case), cause repairing disk from UniBeast Disk Utility adds two more lines related to the bootloader, here's a picture attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    981.3 KB · Views: 141
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back