Contribute
Register

Long time coming atx G5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking good! You can use a small file and open up the firewire port on the front. On the back of the case the USB ports are larger, you can take the grey plastic outline and put it in the front for a clean look.

front_panel_dual_usb3.jpg

Thank you both gentlemen. I've considered that. Yes, I think I do have the rear i/o plastics. I just don't know yet. I'll try to get to it this weekend. Currently working again on the power socket. Trying to work out an elegant solution

Work on the power socket stalled out. I made a mistake and now have to wait for the jb weld to cure. So, I jumped back on the front ports.

Decided to heck with it and mounted the usb c port in place of the firewire:

IMG_20200524_003715931.jpg

Up close I think it looks a little rough, but I can clean that up:

IMG_20200524_003730305.jpg

Some acetone on a rag should remove the epoxy runoff no problem.

And this is just a little bit of touch up... But I'm not sure which one I like better. What do y'all think? darker grey, or off white:

IMG_20200525_213505179.jpg

IMG_20200525_213517695.jpg

I think the color matched better in post 17, but I think it blends better in post 18.

I'd go with #17, looks close to the same grey as the other ports. Are you planning of painting the whole case or just the back? Because if you could always just paint the usb-c port the color of the case and leave the outline grey trim on the headphones and usb port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back