Contribute
Register

long sleep ... then no wake up. Short sleep, everything ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus ProArt Z690 Creator
CPU
i7-13700K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
After assembling my last rig and installing Mountain Lion from App Store 10.8.4 via UniBeast method, I came to this issue.
After waking from a sleep longer than 40min/1 hour (around this time or longer) the pc doesn't wake up at all (totally died!), I have to keep pressed for 4-5 sec. the power button and then it reboots and I get a BIOS error, I reload the previous bios profile and everything is working perfectly again. If I put it to sleep and then I wake it up in 10/15 minutes, it works perfectly even after #n sleep/wake-up cycles.

Here the specs:

• Intel i7 3770 CPU
  • GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Motherboard
  • HD 4000 on chip Graphic Card
  • 16 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 MHz RAM (4*4GB) - I use them without xmp profiles, because the xmp is not properly recognised by motherboard.
  • Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
  • Crucial M4 512 GB ssd (OSX)
  • some other HDs, some HFS and some NTFS, no other boot drive though
  • Antec High Current Pro 660W Gold psu
  • Fractal Design R3 Chassis
  • Apple USB (wired) keyboard
  • Belkin Bluetooth Dongle F8T016 and Apple Magic Mouse

The installation went flawless, custom DSDT (PJALM patch), SSDT, macmini 6,2 SysDef and everything is working properly, including HDMI Audio, Ivy Bridge Power Management, AGPM etc...

The only issue I got is this no wake if sleep is long. The hibernate mode is set to 0. I have no darkwave option set in boot at the moment.

Now this is the very first time I get this kind of problem, and I have no clue of what I can do to solve it!
Anybody has experienced that? Any hint?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back