Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
Intel IGPU (UHD 630)
Hi all,

Hoping you can help me figure out where to look for an annoying boot delay. Everything is working great except for roughly a 30-40 sec black screen in between Clover and the Apple logo. When booting off the Clover on UniBeast, I immediately get an apple boot logo at 4K, that then switches to the scaled 1080p hidpi version shortly before the login screen. When booting off the native Clover install, I go straight to the scaled apple logo after a very long delay.

My first thought was the fact that it was an APFS drive was causing it, but when I boot the same SSD using the USB Clover EFI I don't have this problem.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Nate

Config:
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200
GPU: Integrated Intel UHD630
Monitors: 28" Monoprice 4K Monitor (DP); 24" Samsung LED 1080p (HDMI)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
Boot Drive: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (APFS)
Data Drive: Fusion Drive of 250GB Samsung 960 EVO and 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Wi-Fi: TP-LINK T9E
Bluetooth: Integrated

FireWire: Syba (TI Chipset PCIe)

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me figure out where to look for an annoying boot delay. Everything is working great except for roughly a 30-40 sec black screen in between Clover and the Apple logo. When booting off the Clover on UniBeast, I immediately get an apple boot logo at 4K, that then switches to the scaled 1080p hidpi version shortly before the login screen. When booting off the native Clover install, I go straight to the scaled apple logo after a very long delay.

My first thought was the fact that it was an APFS drive was causing it, but when I boot the same SSD using the USB Clover EFI I don't have this problem.

Any suggestions on where to look?

Nate

Config:
CPU: Intel i7 8700K
RAM: 16GB G.Skill DDR4-3200
GPU: Integrated Intel UHD630
Monitors: 28" Monoprice 4K Monitor (DP); 24" Samsung LED 1080p (HDMI)
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5
Boot Drive: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (APFS)
Data Drive: Fusion Drive of 250GB Samsung 960 EVO and 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Wi-Fi: TP-LINK T9E
Bluetooth: Integrated

FireWire: Syba (TI Chipset PCIe)

I too am having this issue... any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back