GTX 780
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm getting boot times of slightly over a minute, and that's excluding the time it takes to POST and boot into clover first. This is quite a lot considering windows takes about 10-15 seconds POST time included. It's not the SSD, since it's a better one than windows uses.

While on this topic, does anyone know how I can boot directly into Mac OS instead of going through clover?

I took a picture of the verbose boot, and it seems to hang for about 20-30 seconds at the last part. After this it boots. Anyone familiar with it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3486.jpeg
    IMG_3486.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
I'm getting boot times of slightly over a minute, and that's excluding the time it takes to POST and boot into clover first.

If TRIM is enabled with APFS it might be causing the delay, check and see. Check if you have CPU power management enabled properly for your model of processor. See the appropriate guides. I noticed a substantial improvement in startup time when doing that after I originally setup my desktop.

While on this topic, does anyone know how I can boot directly into Mac OS instead of going through clover?

While you can't boot macOS without Clover you can set the Mac disk or partition as default with a timeout of 0 in the config.plist to start it automatically. If you don't want a startup sound eliminate the EFI audio driver from Clover to speed up the boot process.

If TRIM is enabled with APFS it might be causing the delay, check and see. Check if you have CPU power management enabled properly for your model of processor. See the appropriate guides. I noticed a substantial improvement in startup time when doing that after I originally setup my desktop.

While you can't boot macOS without Clover you can set the Mac disk or partition as default with a timeout of 0 in the config.plist to start it automatically. If you don't want a startup sound eliminate the EFI audio driver from Clover to speed up the boot process.

I've disabled TRIM, and my boot time has gone down by ~20 seconds so cheers for that!
Is this the kind of guide you're talking about? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.222982/

I've disabled TRIM, and my boot time has gone down by ~20 seconds so cheers for that!
Is this the kind of guide you're talking about? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.222982/

Yes, that's what you want. Look for the section relevant to your processor and graphics configuration. If that needs corrected and improves performance further try re-enabling TRIM and see how it goes. At least on my desktop the APFS/TRIM issue became much less noticable at that point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back