Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
glamour-lg.pngLogitech strikes another home run with it's latest Bluetooth Keyboard. The Easy-Switch looks like something stripped right out of a MacBook Pro. Instead of having square-like keys, it has rounded cornered keys which goes compliments the entire body of the keyboard. The real beauty of it is that it can be paired with multiple devices via Bluetooth where normally you can only pair one device per device. For example, you can only pair an Apple Magic Mouse with one device at a time. Another excellent feature is laser-etched back-lit keys which any Apple keyboard that ships with a Mac should have included AND you can recharge its batteries by plugging it directly into a USB port on your Mac or CustoMac.

You'll need to run at least OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8 for Macs and iPad, iPad2, iPad (3rd and 4th generation), iPad mini or iPhone with iOS 4.0 or later. The Easy-Switch should make it easy to bounce around to all of your devices easily.

It is listed for USD $99.99 but when you think about it, it's like owning several keyboards in one.

The one thing I can't tell is if it will only pair with Apple Bluetooth or if it will work with 3rd Party Bluetooth adapters.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/illumated-keyboard-for-mac-ipad-iphone

The one thing I can't tell is if it will only pair with Apple Bluetooth or if it will work with 3rd Party Bluetooth adapters.

Bluetooth is a standard. It should work with any Bluetooth adapter that supports whatever version Bluetooth (3.0, 4.0, etc) the keyboard uses. The only thing that might be off is the OSX specific keys. You may have to remap them for use with Windows.

Not every off-the-shelf Bluetooth adapter works 100% with OS X. My guess is that this was designed mainly to work with Mac Bluetooth adapters, however until someone tests with a 3rd party adapter, we won't know for sure.

Not every off-the-shelf Bluetooth adapter works 100% with OS X. My guess is that this was designed mainly to work with Mac Bluetooth adapters, however until someone tests with a 3rd party adapter, we won't know for sure.
Well yes, that's true. But if the adapter works I think the keyboard wouldn't have any problems. And I guess it's also a fact that even though Bluetooth is a standard there are a lot of grey areas in the protocol that manufacturers approach differently.

It is a cool keyboard. If you are not someone who needs a full size keyboard to compute comfortably then I think it would be a great option for your desktop, laptop, and iPad. Which makes me think about putting it on my wish list. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back