2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've verified that using a Logitech wireless mouse and/or keyboard on my build causes instant wake. (It goes to sleep, and within a second wakes up.) I swapped it for a wired keyboard and mouse and that instant wake problem doesn't happen.

Is there another wireless mouse/keyboard solution that doesn't have this problem? I think the USB receiver for these things is causing OSX to wake up.

-- or is there a hack to fix this instant wake problem? Thanks!

I've verified that using a Logitech wireless mouse and/or keyboard on my build causes instant wake. (It goes to sleep, and within a second wakes up.) I swapped it for a wired keyboard and mouse and that instant wake problem doesn't happen.

Is there another wireless mouse/keyboard solution that doesn't have this problem? I think the USB receiver for these things is causing OSX to wake up.

-- or is there a hack to fix this instant wake problem? Thanks!

Hummm, well I use Logitech mice and keyboards that use the Logitech Unifying Receiver and have no issues on any of my systems.

This is the device, I usually have this in a USB 2.0 port.
log.jpg

And you can move the Receiver, mouse and keyboard from system to system and they stay married. There is a small app that lets you establish the pair which is only needs to be run one time.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks guys for the response... Read a bunch of different posts, and one suggestion was turn off Wake on LAN. Did that, and now it seems Sleep/Wake is working properly again. No more instant wake up.

* really weird, because with a wired keyboard, even with Wake on LAN turned ON, it was behaving properly. But all is well now. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back