CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I recently updated all my rigs to Catalina, I have in two of my computers a USB Logitech webcam to take pictures of clients using a small Automator app. After Catalina update Automator is not able to show any video from the webcam, when I clic on the Camera button the webcam's led turns on, but no video is displayed. Tried it with Photo Booth and video shows from web cam for a few minutes; but after a while it only shows a black screen showing "camera not connected". I have tried different USB ports without any positive results. Every thing else seems to be working fine. I can actually see the camera detected on System Report. Any ideas or suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 20.52.25.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 20.52.25.png
    60.1 KB · Views: 607
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 20.58.01.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-23 at 20.58.01.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 464
Last edited:
I recently updated all my rigs to Catalina, I have in two of my computers a USB Logitech webcam to take pictures of clients using a small Automator app. After Catalina update Automator is not able to show any video from the webcam, when I clic on the Camera button the webcam's led turns on, but no video is displayed. Tried it with Photo Booth and video shows from web cam for a few minutes; but after a while it only shows a black screen showing "camera not connected". I have tried different USB ports without any positive results. Every thing else seems to be working fine. I can actually see the camera detected on System Report. Any ideas or suggestions?

Do you have USB power injection and have applied one of the proper USB 15 port limit fixes?

Thank for your reply. I haven't done none of that, at least that I am aware of. May you point me in the right direction?

Applied patches described at https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-catalina-10-15-0-usb-port-limit-removal-patch.285098/
Same behavior. Found out that if I have the automator capture screen active, and I start Photo Booth, I get video on both automator capture module and Photo Booth. I discovered this before patching USB port limits; after patch I got the same results.

Please see following links:

Went through both guides, made a personalized USB SSDT, IORegistry Explorer only shows the ports I left in SSDT, removed port limit removal patch; but I can not get the usb camera to work with automator. Photo Booth does work, even FaceTime but not automator.

Went through both guides, made a personalized USB SSDT, IORegistry Explorer only shows the ports I left in SSDT, removed port limit removal patch; but I can not get the usb camera to work with automator. Photo Booth does work, even FaceTime but not automator.

I don't know how to get it working with Automator. I only use my webcam with FaceTime and to talk to Siri...

I followed the beginners and advanced guide and was able to successfully get only the desired ports working. I´m booting UEFI, but can not get my usb camera to work properly with Automator Photo Capture.
I recently updated all my rigs to Catalina, I have in two of my computers a USB Logitech webcam to take pictures of clients using a small Automator app. After Catalina update Automator is not able to show any video from the webcam, when I clic on the Camera button the webcam's led turns on, but no video is displayed. Tried it with Photo Booth and video shows from web cam for a few minutes; but after a while it only shows a black screen showing "camera not connected". I have tried different USB ports without any positive results. Every thing else seems to be working fine. I can actually see the camera detected on System Report.
I followed the beginners and advanced guide and was able to successfully get only the desired ports working, and no need for usb limit patch. I´m booting UEFI, but can not get my usb camera to work properly with Automator Photo Capture. I have USBInjectAll.kext in Library/Extensions, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Any ideas or suggestions?
1572662259093.png

I followed the beginners and advanced guide and was able to successfully get only the desired ports working. I´m booting UEFI, but can not get my usb camera to work properly with Automator Photo Capture.
I recently updated all my rigs to Catalina, I have in two of my computers a USB Logitech webcam to take pictures of clients using a small Automator app. After Catalina update Automator is not able to show any video from the webcam, when I clic on the Camera button the webcam's led turns on, but no video is displayed. Tried it with Photo Booth and video shows from web cam for a few minutes; but after a while it only shows a black screen showing "camera not connected". I have tried different USB ports without any positive results. Every thing else seems to be working fine. I can actually see the camera detected on System Report.
I followed the beginners and advanced guide and was able to successfully get only the desired ports working, and no need for usb limit patch. I´m booting UEFI, but can not get my usb camera to work properly with Automator Photo Capture. I have USBInjectAll.kext in Library/Extensions, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Any ideas or suggestions?
View attachment 433949

You have duplicated this question in the Beginner's Guide thread and I explained how to move forward towards resolving this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back