Graphics
HD4600 and GTX 760
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am using a Logitech C920 on my Hackintosh for Skype, facetime and Audio calls. The person on the other end keeps complaining about an echo when I am talking to them via facetime or Yosemite's new audio call feature. I am guessing this is because the Webcams audio feature is very sensitive and picks up on any minor sounds. This webcam seems to be one used by Hackintosh users, but it is anyone else experiencing this kind of issue. If so, is there anything I can do to fix this problem. Thanks

Had same problems with Logitech c922 (tried in FaceTime and Google Talk). Fixed by using a separate mic (using a Blue Yeti--absolutely no echo--a cheaper and less monstrous options should also work). Don't forget to select the right mic in Sound config. Close any apps actively using the mic when you change the setting or OS will likely not register the change. If you have a mono mic and want a temporary fix, I saw some reports of success setting the mic to the left channel and speakers to the right channel.

Let me catch up on that topic — perhaps somebody has come to a convenient solution in the meantime :)
I am running my hackintosh with macOS 10.13.3 and voodoo audio drivers. The Logitech c920 is functioning well with Skype (although barely testet) and Wire. Both video and audio work well. However, FaceTime is causing a really disturbing echo on the other side. So far I reduced input volume of the c920 mic in audio-midi-settings. Not really a success.

An external microphone would be something I am not really looking for. Does anybody have another suggestion what to try? What could be the reason it works smoothly in other programs but FaceTime? Do those apps use some sort of software noise reduction and FaceTime relies on hardware noise reduction/echo cancelling?

Thanks for your help in advance! :thumbup:

Seems Logitech's camera setting does not support Mac OS very well, in windows version there's a setting called "right sound" which can decrease the echo. Anyone has better solution beside using a seperate mic or headphone ?

Find a webcam or external mic that supports echo cancellation such as C615 or JBL Flip 4. While C920 is great at picking up the sound, it does not support echo cancellation. When you facetime, you hear the other party speaking to you through the speaker and guess what? so does C920 and it echoes back to other party.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back