Contribute
Register

Logitech C910 web cam: Picture Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed the Logitech C510 web cam and it worked out of the box. Maybe an issue with the 1080p vs 720p camera resolutions.

Finally, for almost everybody (I calculated 75%), the C910 is working on OSX Lion.

Problems come from :
- USB port / USB 3.0
- Ethernet kext
- Logitech drivers (for faceTime, Photo Booth...)

Am I right? Is there any new issue/solution?

Thanks.

Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 works fine on my Hackintosh setup with every App use a camera.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 2.png
    2.png
    346.4 KB · Views: 253
Mine worked out of the box no issues. I didn't change any bios settings or anything. Updating to the latest Chimera is a must if you want to use FaceTime though. If you want to use the software it comes with, install it from the cd, but don't update it. I updated it and the program doesn't work anymore.

My C910 is rock solid under PhotoBooth, including the last 2 screens of effect.

For Face Time or Skype, I need to do the un-plug/plug thing.

I've tried a couple of different USB ports with no solution. I haven't tried to remove the USB3 drivers.

Cheers,

tonarinoinu, if you don't mind could you post a couple of pics from those last two pages of Photo Booth so I can get an idea of what background is required for it to work?

I don't ever have to unplug the WebCam for any program to work... o_O

tonarinoinu said:
My C910 is rock solid under PhotoBooth, including the last 2 screens of effect.
Good to know :D (I love Photo Booth)
tonarinoinu said:
For Face Time or Skype, I need to do the un-plug/plug thing.
That's pretty weird, but not too much annoying.
tonarinoinu said:
I've tried a couple of different USB ports with no solution. I haven't tried to remove the USB3 drivers.
I'll try to disable USB 3.0 and tell you ASAP ;)

Mine is working very good out the box with Skype, FaceTime, Photo Booth and Logitech stoftware (even with the last updated software).

I don't have to plug/unplug it to make it work but I have to relaunch Photo Booth on first use.

I'm just a little bit disappointed by the pretty bad quality of PhotoBooth in video mode (in comparison to the others apps) :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back