Contribute
Register

Logitech c310 Webcam not working for me. OOB???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z790 GAMING X AX
CPU
i5-13600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
***SOLVED***Logitech c310 Webcam not working for me. OOB???

Today I bought the Logitech c310 Webcam.

Bought it after I read it would work OOB.
However after 4 hours of trying whatever comes in my mind, I still haven't got it to work.

Is there a .kext I can install to make it work or any other solutions?
In System Preferences - Dictation & Speech, it's listed as Unknown USB Audio Device and the mic is working.

Thanks in Advance,

Ramon

Not sure how to get yours to work, but I have the c525 and it worked without any issues OOB.

Did you try different USB ports?

Been trying each and every usb port but without results.

Have you tried hooking to up to another machine or in windows to see if it works. I have the c270 and it worked OOB, are you using photo booth or facetime to test it out?

***SOLVED***Logitech c310 Webcam not working for me. OOB???

Hi Kongzilla,

The cam works fine in windows 7 on the same machine.

Been trying it with Photobooth, Messenger, FaceTime, QuickTime in each 10 USB ports that I have with in between switching closing and re-opening the apps.
USB hardware hooked up on my machine are: Bluetooth adapter, WD harddisk, Logitech Keyboard and mouse.
I have tried to hook up the webcam without any other hardware using USB.

Another strange thing is that when I hookup my iPhone in one of the USB ports to recharge it, it doesn't work under OS X.
It does work under Windows 7 on the same machine.

So for a while I thought it might be a voltage problem.
Then again, if I hookup my Epson scanner/printer (I never leave it hooked on since I'm not using it very often), it works fine.
Same with my USB banking e.dentifier.

System is overclocked from 2.6 to 3.4 with voltage being auto adjusted and runs stable.
Tried it in default clock speed, no go either :(

***SOLVED***

More or less lol.

After some frustrating attempts to get it to work, I decided to do a clean.
It works now :)

Strange thing about clean installs is that somehow they always go smoother and with less trickery than the first time.
When installing ML when it just came out, I had to try over and over. Problems with HD6870, Not being able to use Multibeast etc.
In fact, Multibeast never worked for me in the past.

I always just copied the extra folder from the Unibeast stick and tweaked it afterwards to get stuff working.

If only I can fix my slow Bluetooth, Everything works as great as it always did in Lion :)

Good to hear you got it working!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back