i7-7700 @ 3.60 GHz
Graphics
RX5700XT 8GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
hi. Alejandro is my name and im from México. First let me congrats all of you for an excelent job your are doing here. This page help me a lot when last year i was trying to configure my pc in a full working hackintosh. But now i have a annoying problem.

Recently i bought a logitech c270 webcam. I connected in front/back usb and skype, FaceTime recognize it immediately, video was awesome, but audio didn't come out. in preferences panel, sound, in, my hackintosh detected an "unknown usb audio device" and blue bar is up and down depending the level of noise. i installed the logitech webcam software but no luck. This are my specs:

hackintosh Mountain Lion 10.8.2
PC: HP PAVILION M9060LA
MOBO: ASUS IPIBL-LA (BERKLEY)
INTEL QUAD CORE 2.4 Q6600
PNY GEFORCE GTS 450 1024 MB
AUDIO: Realtek ALC888S
NO DST

thanks a lot for your help!!!

PD. Sorry for my english :p, i get used to read in english, but writing is another story

no one??!! =__< my english is really too bad ??

I have the same webcam and it worked out of the box in 10.8.3 with both sound and video, so what version of OSX are you running?

In my audio section in Hardware it says:

Logitech Camera:
Default Input Device: Yes
Input Channels: 1
Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer
Current SampleRate: 16000
Transport: USB

In the USB section it reads:

Logitech Camera:
Product ID: 0x081b
Vendor ID: 0x046d (Logitech Inc.)
Version: 0.10
Serial Number: 3F4250E0
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1a140000 / 4
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 500

USB Receiver:
Product ID: 0xc52b
Version: 12.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Logitech
Location ID: 0x1a160000 / 3
Current Required (mA): 98

Hi mataraty... thks for the reply!!!

in my audio section in hardware it says:

Unknown USB Audio Device:

Default Input Device: Yes
Input Channels: 1
Manufacturer: Unknown Manufacturer
Current SampleRate: 16000
Transport: USB

in the usb section:

Dispositivo Diverso ( i dont know how is it in english version... i have spanish os)

Product ID: 0x0825
Version: 0.10
Serial Number: 3FEA20B0
Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfa300000 / 3
Current Required (mA): 500

USB Receiver:

Product ID: 0xc52b
Version: 12.01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Logitech
Location ID: 0x7d100000 / 2
Current Required (mA): 98

there are tiny differences... but i don't think that's the problem. my pc has an realteck audio chip... installed with multibeast 5.02, audio drivers, realteck alc888 v100202 legacy. i have a mountain lion os 10.8.3 recently updated.. video is ok.. but the mic recognize the sound.. but it doesn't sound in speakers ( and skype or facetime )

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla.png
    Captura de pantalla.png
    78 KB · Views: 1,354
well, searching in the web i found a program named "LineIn" and solved my problem!! momentarily
of course... now i can chat with audio and video!! i dont know why but this program solve the problem for the moment. Still searching why my logitech c720 mic didnt work in my hackintosh...

Hi all,
I have the same problems with a C270. Video is o.k., microphone only after reboot or reconnecting the camera. Or go to your system preferences and choose another input port and back to your C270 (unknown USB device). The problem is really annoying, so i bought a C525, that works fine oob. No more sound problems, everything is fine.

Best regards, Kai

I recently discovered that the Logitech Control Center Pref Pane was preventing the audio on my C270 from working!
Uninstalled and all is well now.

--edit:

Turns out there is a conflict with logitech drivers but it can be worked around.
Use Audio MIDI Setup to change the format / sample rate for the mic and it starts working.

[Use Audio MIDI Setup to change the format / sample rate for the mic and it starts working.[/QUOTE]

djhack1639 cheers and thanks for this tip, freed me from a world of pain, Logitech HD 270 mic input works like a charm now

Logitech C270 HD720p Webcam - need to activate mic with Audio-Midi-Setup
Webcam is only acknowledged as "Unknown Audio Device" in Sound Preferences Pane input list. Webcam mic has to be "activated" with Audio Midi Setup - just change HZ frequency of mic and it will get input signal, then change back at will.
I wrote an email to Logitech today and asked them how they can not make a driver for OSX for this camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back