Contribute
Register

Loginfailed's Build - i7-3770k / GA-Z77-DS3H / 16GB RAM / 6850

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I missed it in the thread but I have a similar build. I'm trying to get the USB 3.0 ports on the front of my case to recognize USB 2.0. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone may I first say login.....cracking build but please help I have the same motherboard same ram and I am trying to install 10.8.2 from a legit app store download the only difference I see is that i have the i5 3570k and a gtx 260. I have followed your hide to the letter and put all the multi beast settings that you did, the only one that I didn't use is the trim option as I have no ssd drive and after I have ran multi beast and restart the machine chameleon bl comes up then it starts to boot into ml but on the grey boot screen the swirling grey circle under the apple logo stops swirling and that is as far as I seem to be able to get and it's driving me mad. I have tried everything to rectify this including no gtx 260 in the machine but still to no avail

leviathan3000,
I recommend you post your problem in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum section. Loginfailed's build is different from your build and his thread is about his system. (I can move your post if you desire.)

When you post, you will need to give more info about your efforts. Please list the make & model of your components. (Your profile is not up to date.) Have you searched the forum to see what the GTX 260 requires as far as MultiBeast is concerned?

What version of UniBeast did you use?

Also, if you could give us a MultiBeast configuration screen snapshot so we can see what you did will help us help you better. Hopefully, you're using the latest MultiBeast for Mountain Lion. :thumbup:

Finally, since your motherboard & processor supports HD4000, I recommend you remove your graphics card, change your BIOS settings for HD4000 and get Mountain Lion running. Then, reinstall your graphics card and get it working. This approach helps to eliminate graphics cards from having a successful initial installation since all you need to choose in MultiBeast is "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation", the proper audio driver, and the network driver.

A -v at Chimera would help to see where it is getting stuck at.

thanks stork i will create a new post i have managed to get up and running but now its very very unresponsive and i shall be trying again soon

Really fantastic!
Thank you.
I'm planning a build myself and this has further inspired me.
What I am wondering is how precisely I need to follow the buying instructions;
what I mean is:

one of the recommended motherboards in CustoMac Pro is GA-Z77X-UD5H

now, when I click the link I get to Amazons ...
Gigabyte Intel Z77 LGA 1155 AMD CrossFireX/NVIDIA SLI Dual LAN Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z77X-UD5H

but when I go hunting on various sites I dont necessarily get the full description, and may just have it called (for instance amazon.co.uk) Gigabyte SKT-1155 Z77X-UD5H Motherboard

This may be a silly question, but are there different sub-models within the GA-Z77X-UD5H or if I get that MB will any subspecies be OK?

Thank you!

Hey Loginfailed,

Great build! I had one question for you since I'm planning on building my first CustoMac in the next few weeks, using the same motherboard and EVO cooler. How is the clearance between the cooler fan and the RAM slots. Is it possible to fill up all slots with the high profile Corsair Vengeance sticks? I was looking at the Low Profile vengeance, but might get the regular ones if they fit. Thanks!

Sorry if I missed it in the thread but I have a similar build. I'm trying to get the USB 3.0 ports on the front of my case to recognize USB 2.0. Any suggestions?

I too had similar issues the front panel USB ports. I don't actually have any USB3 devices and I rarely use front ports anyways (even for USB2 devices). I actually have usb extensions running from the back of the machine up to beneath my monitors. The computer is inside a compartment in my desk so the only reason I need to access the computer is to insert/remove a DVD or press the power button (which is rare because I always use sleep function).

Hi everyone may I first say login.....cracking build but please help I have the same motherboard same ram and I am trying to install 10.8.2 from a legit app store download the only difference I see is that i have the i5 3570k and a gtx 260. I have followed your hide to the letter and put all the multi beast settings that you did, the only one that I didn't use is the trim option as I have no ssd drive and after I have ran multi beast and restart the machine chameleon bl comes up then it starts to boot into ml but on the grey boot screen the swirling grey circle under the apple logo stops swirling and that is as far as I seem to be able to get and it's driving me mad. I have tried everything to rectify this including no gtx 260 in the machine but still to no avail

I have never experienced this. I read in a thread somewhere that you can sometimes press the power button and the machine will sleep. Then press power button again and it will wake and function normally.

I don't know if that will work in your situation or not. My suspicion is that it has something to do with your choice of graphics card or BIOS settings.

A -v at Chimera would help to see where it is getting stuck at.

This.

Really fantastic!
Thank you.

This may be a silly question, but are there different sub-models within the GA-Z77X-UD5H or if I get that MB will any subspecies be OK?

Thanks for the kind words.

I do not have a UD5H and am not familiar with the variety of sub models Gigabyte offers. I would venture to guess that as long as the same chipsets are used for audio/usb/firewire etc.. as the one recommended in the buyers guide, everything would work.

Hey Loginfailed,

Great build! I had one question for you since I'm planning on building my first CustoMac in the next few weeks, using the same motherboard and EVO cooler. How is the clearance between the cooler fan and the RAM slots. Is it possible to fill up all slots with the high profile Corsair Vengeance sticks? I was looking at the Low Profile vengeance, but might get the regular ones if they fit. Thanks!

I did not fill up all 4 slots but filling the other 2 slots WOULD HAVE interfered with the CPU cooler fan. You may be able to move the fan to the other side though I have not tried that. I would suggest getting the low profile ram wether there is clearance issue or not. The tall heat spreaders do NOTHING. Not worth the aggravation in my opinion.

Thanks to you my build was made so much simpler. :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words. I could not have built any of my hacks without the help of this site. So ultimately you really need to be thanking the Tonymacx86 community as a whole.

Be sure to start a thread of your own outlining your build and maybe you can pass on the assistance to the next guy. :headbang:

Hi Loginfailed,

Thanks so much for sharing your build. I modeled my build after yours.

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
Intel i5-3570k CPU
Corsair Vengeance 2x4 GB 1600MHz DDR3 Memory
Samsung 840 128gb SSD
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 PCI-E wireless adapter

Since I don't plan to do my own thread I'd thought I'd answer some of the questions/problems people are having with using Unibeast 1.70 and Mountain Lion 10.8.2(app store).

After making the Unibeast USB drive I wasn't able to get to the Mountain Lion installer. I got a WSOD(white screen of death). It froze on the Apple splash screen. I tried using other USB ports but I ended up disabling XHCI in the BIOS. I lost USB 3.0 support but I didn't need that anyways. I also disabled intel virtualization support in the BIOS and haven't tried renabling it yet. After doing these two steps I was able to boot to the installer and everything went smoothly.

Hopefully this information is useful to anyone having trouble emulating LoginFailed's build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back