Motherboard
Supermicro X8DA6
CPU
X5690 x 2
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have found couple of good deals for Xeons and Supermicro X8DAE mobo, so I decided to build dual Xeon hack (and to use 12x2GB sticks that I had laying around).
2x Xeon E5530
Supermicro X8DAE
Nvidia GTX 570 (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
24GB Ram
SSD for OS and couple other drives

Installation went smoothly (as many times before with my other hacks). However, after reboot, as soon as I get to country selection, system slows down to a crawl, with spinning beach ball appearing every couple of seconds. For example if I click on "show all countries" it will take about minute or more to show the list.
If I boot with -x (safe boot), I can finish the installation, create account and everything works as it should. Without safe boot, I get to the login screen, and again same story ..... dead slow, beach-ball.
This shouldn't be GPU issue because same card is working with graphic enabler on two other builds.

I'm using only fakesmc and kext for Intel network adapter.

Please help :(

Can somebody that have Supermicro X8DAE working with Mountain Lion, please attach: DSDT, org.chameleon.Boot.plist, SMBios.plist and kext used?
Thank you in advance!

I have found couple of good deals for Xeons and Supermicro X8DAE mobo, so I decided to build dual Xeon hack (and to use 12x2GB sticks that I had laying around).
2x Xeon E5530
Supermicro X8DAE
Nvidia GTX 570 (GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
24GB Ram
SSD for OS and couple other drives

Installation went smoothly (as many times before with my other hacks). However, after reboot, as soon as I get to country selection, system slows down to a crawl, with spinning beach ball appearing every couple of seconds. For example if I click on "show all countries" it will take about minute or more to show the list.
If I boot with -x (safe boot), I can finish the installation, create account and everything works as it should. Without safe boot, I get to the login screen, and again same story ..... dead slow, beach-ball.
This shouldn't be GPU issue because same card is working with graphic enabler on two other builds.

I'm using only fakesmc and kext for Intel network adapter.

Please help :(

disample

I would also suggest that you use an older GFX card to get this install off the ground say one of the nvidia 8400GS or the GT9400, 9500 ,9600, 9800 - has greater support across all of the osx's.
Have you searched the Forums for this motherboard -

Here are some TMX86 Links on using that Motherboard -

Also You may find that others have used Snow Leo to install first on this MB.

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22761

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=5606

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=59911&p=377507

i would also reccomend that you turn off one of the XEON cpus in the BIOS or remove the 2nd one completely
Also
you should use the command line switches acpi=off cpus=1 -x -v with what you are using now.

Hi totenkopf4 and thank you for responding.
Yes, I have already searched the forum and saw related threads. In this case I have no issue installing OS, until I get to country selection (or Login screen).
One or two CPUs, result is always the same - dead slow / stuck with normal boot, works only with -x (actually I'm writing this post in safe mode from that hack).

Update: I have managed to boot normally (without -x), by using cpus=1.
That's something, thank you totenkopf4.!
Now system is very slow for dual Xeon with 24GB RAM (about 3200 Geekbench). Back to the drawing board to see how to move forward with this configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back