Contribute
Register

Logic Pro X (Orchestral Trailer Music Template)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys!

I'm new to the hackintosh world.
After, waiting and waiting for the new mac pro to be announced (and released now) I decided to go the hackintosh route.

I'm a professional music composer mainly doing trailer music with big needs in computer performance.
Budget: 3000$ (after VAT).

I'm thinking of building this hack:
- Motherboard:
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING WIFI or Gigabyte Z370 AORUS GAMING 7
- Thunderbolt Card: Gigabyte (Alpine Ridge Thunderbolt 3 PCIe Card)
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K
- PCIe SSD / SSD: Samsung 960 EVO Series / Samsung 850 EVO
- HDD: Seagate IronWolf
- RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2400
- GPU: Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 580 8GB (Probably one 4k TV, and two others screens)
- Power Supply: CORSAIR RMx Series, RM650x, 650 Watt (or 850Watt version)
- WIFI/Bluetooth: OSXWiFi PC/Hackintosh
- Case: Define R6 Black TG

- Cooling: I'm not sure about this one and I would need guidance from you guys.
I thought about the following options:
-> be quiet! BK019 Dark Rock Pro 3 - 250W
-> CORSAIR H60 or H105 or H100i

I have no idea which one would work and I'll probably overclock the CPU to 4.7Khz.
But the more silent the better!

I also use an UADTwin Solo audio interface (Thunderbolt).
I'll be using Logic Pro X, with Kontakt, Zebra, Omnisphere, etc...

I feel like most of my components are ok because taken from the "Buyer's Guide", but any warning or info would be appreciated!

When I'm fully decided on my configuration. I'll post a guide for the community!

Nick

Last edited:
Im a musician myself, i would advice you nothing for your choices are quite well, SSD for Kontakt / Omnisphere would be great and large HDD for scratch disks, if you can go full SSD, then thats the way to go.

Why Thunderbolt interface?, i would recommend RME RayDAT or MADI interfases / converters, and then preamps in daisychain, UAD thunderbolt 3 are great if your'e seeking for their UAD powered plugins, but if you think full hardware, RME offers better expansion choices.

WaterCooling works great if you dont abuse of OC, for DAW is not that neccesary, Stock Clock will work great, if you want to get beyond, dont sacrifice reliability for horse power.

Greetings

Im a musician myself, i would advice you nothing for your choices are quite well, SSD for Kontakt / Omnisphere would be great and large HDD for scratch disks, if you can go full SSD, then thats the way to go.

Why Thunderbolt interface?, i would recommend RME RayDAT or MADI interfases / converters, and then preamps in daisychain, UAD thunderbolt 3 are great if your'e seeking for their UAD powered plugins, but if you think full hardware, RME offers better expansion choices.

WaterCooling works great if you dont abuse of OC, for DAW is not that neccesary, Stock Clock will work great, if you want to get beyond, dont sacrifice reliability for horse power.

Greetings

Hi thrf,

thanks for the advices!

I can go full SSD. HDD are only for savings old projects and archives.

I need thunderbolt 3 because of my different external drives and my UAD Apollo Twin. I don't need to buy a new one, it works perfectly for me!

I need OC, the current i7 7800k is not powerful enough for my needs. I did some research and I feel like the Noctua NH-D15 gonna works great for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back