Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello All,

I just did a fresh High Sierra Hack using NUC6 Skull Canyon, and I've got a weird problem with Logic Pro X. My plan is to use this device to do small Logic projects, and not tooo much else.

First, my Build:
- NUC6 Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK)
- Samsung 960 M2 SSD
- [2 x 16GB RAM]
- Install was done using Clover, and followed RehabMan's guides (I used his version of Clover and Kexts, and etc, too)
- Kexts Used on Install: RehabMan_FakeSMC, RehabMan_IntelMausiEthernet, and an NVMe one that I generated

Post-Install seems to be fine: Ethernet and most other features are okay, and I was able to install and configure Drivers for my Audio Interface (Tascam US-1800). I do not have HDMI/Headphones Audio, but that's just because I haven't done it yet (Audio works through the Tascam). I haven't done much with the Device yet, just Installed Firefox and Logic Pro X. Firefox is working fine.

---

Here's the problem with Logic Pro X:
Option Windows/Drop-Down Menus/Right-Click Menus are not displayed, and cause the GUI to freeze.

Here's a sample process
- Start in Project View
- Right-Click anywhere OR Left-Click on an Empty Plug-In space (trying to add a new one)
- Application's GUI will freeze. Meaning, Audio will continue, but Meters do not update, Playhead stops moving, and things like that. The Mouse may begin Pinwheeling.
- The new menu does not appear, instead, a line for the menu's frame does and the inner space does not populate. So I just get the outer line for the menu (the inner area does not update, it's the same background)
- GUI will remain frozen
- Left-Clicking off of the new menu's frame/pressing Escape (closing the new menu) unfreezes the GUI, and the Application behaves as normal.

The same is almost true for Drop-Down menus. For example, selecting options in the Preferences window will have the same effect: the GUI will freeze, BUT the selection will update if I click in the Menu's empty space. So the menu's options are in the correct position within the frame, and will respond to my input. This actually may be the same case for menus in the Main View, but those could have sub-menus, or things like that.

It is worth noting that existing Plug-Ins behave normally. I have been working with an existing project, and the existing Plug-Ins will open, and behave as expected. However, Drop-Down menus within them will still cause the GUI to seize, etc. The problem is with the "New Plug-In" dialogue from the Main View.

---

This is weird; this issue is not present in any other Application, and did not happen on a previous Hack that I have done. While configuring Clover for initial Installation, I did select the BGM Theme, and not the Steel/Metal theme, could that be it? The colour scheme for Logic is more on the Dark/Metal side.

I have tried redoing the Clover Post-Install system set up, and have reinstalled Logic, but neither of those helped.

That's all that I've got. Has anyone else had this issue, or know what I could do to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
- franks1no

---

Links to the Guides that I used
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.232743/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

---

a couple of ideas:

1. fonts
2. some plugin is being weird? does it happen if you right-click in arrange instead?
3. you could launch Activity Monitor and while Logic is "thinking", sample the process, see where it gets stuck

I went to check CPU usage with top, but wasn't able to get a specific process. That's because alll of the graphics lagged!
So, I have Logic and Terminal open, Terminal is running top, and they each have half of the screen. I should mention that I am running one monitor, from HDMI, and nothing is on Thunderbolt.

Right-Clicked anywhere (anywhere) in Logic / tried to open a Drop-Down, and all of my system's graphics stopped. top/Activity Monitor is constantly bouncing and updating their values, but they both stopped when I froze Logic's graphics. But only for a minute; the rest of the system comes back after ~10s. The CPU load doesn't really change throughout the whole process.

---

All of the existing plugins on old projects behave normally. I can open them, turn knobs, etc. But if I open a Drop-Down from any of them (after they are open) it freezes up. All of the plugins behave the same.

Fonts could be a thing. They may have been missed/not updated properly as I was installing anything. How can I check that?

Activity Monitor > select Logic Process > from the Gear icon choose "Sample process"

re fonts, look what's in ~/Library/Fonts and /Library/Fonts - dragging stuff out of there and restarting windowserver has saved the day a few times for me.

finally, in Preferences, there's a "show Advanced tools" tickbox, if I was to walk the long path of narrowing it down, i'd start by toggling that and the various options on and off.

Hello All,

I just did a fresh High Sierra Hack using NUC6 Skull Canyon, and I've got a weird problem with Logic Pro X. My plan is to use this device to do small Logic projects, and not tooo much else.

First, my Build:
- NUC6 Skull Canyon (NUC6i7KYK)
- Samsung 960 M2 SSD
- [2 x 16GB RAM]
- Install was done using Clover, and followed RehabMan's guides (I used his version of Clover and Kexts, and etc, too)
- Kexts Used on Install: RehabMan_FakeSMC, RehabMan_IntelMausiEthernet, and an NVMe one that I generated

Post-Install seems to be fine: Ethernet and most other features are okay, and I was able to install and configure Drivers for my Audio Interface (Tascam US-1800). I do not have HDMI/Headphones Audio, but that's just because I haven't done it yet (Audio works through the Tascam). I haven't done much with the Device yet, just Installed Firefox and Logic Pro X. Firefox is working fine.

---

Here's the problem with Logic Pro X:
Option Windows/Drop-Down Menus/Right-Click Menus are not displayed, and cause the GUI to freeze.

Here's a sample process
- Start in Project View
- Right-Click anywhere OR Left-Click on an Empty Plug-In space (trying to add a new one)
- Application's GUI will freeze. Meaning, Audio will continue, but Meters do not update, Playhead stops moving, and things like that. The Mouse may begin Pinwheeling.
- The new menu does not appear, instead, a line for the menu's frame does and the inner space does not populate. So I just get the outer line for the menu (the inner area does not update, it's the same background)
- GUI will remain frozen
- Left-Clicking off of the new menu's frame/pressing Escape (closing the new menu) unfreezes the GUI, and the Application behaves as normal.

The same is almost true for Drop-Down menus. For example, selecting options in the Preferences window will have the same effect: the GUI will freeze, BUT the selection will update if I click in the Menu's empty space. So the menu's options are in the correct position within the frame, and will respond to my input. This actually may be the same case for menus in the Main View, but those could have sub-menus, or things like that.

It is worth noting that existing Plug-Ins behave normally. I have been working with an existing project, and the existing Plug-Ins will open, and behave as expected. However, Drop-Down menus within them will still cause the GUI to seize, etc. The problem is with the "New Plug-In" dialogue from the Main View.

---

This is weird; this issue is not present in any other Application, and did not happen on a previous Hack that I have done. While configuring Clover for initial Installation, I did select the BGM Theme, and not the Steel/Metal theme, could that be it? The colour scheme for Logic is more on the Dark/Metal side.

I have tried redoing the Clover Post-Install system set up, and have reinstalled Logic, but neither of those helped.

That's all that I've got. Has anyone else had this issue, or know what I could do to solve it?

Thanks in advance!
- franks1no

---

Links to the Guides that I used
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.232743/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

---

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, please reply in the guide thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ng-clover-uefi-nuc6i5syk-nuc6i7kyk-etc.232743

Not here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back