Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
@DmitriZigany Hey man, I know this thread is super old, but did you run into any problems with Logic when it first installs and loads all the samples/audio? I have basically the same build as you but am getting a network error during the samples install.

I would love to also hear from folks with cheaper builds that work well for audio/logic. I would use it with a metric halo uln2 via ethernet.

does anyone experience logic pro not responding when using kontakt? I have this one instrument called Scarbee bass, when i try to load it it works fine but when i want to remove it logic always not respond. and then the rainbow cursor spins for decades. Not responding. I had to force quit logic evertime. Other plugin works fine.

For anyone needing working onboard Thunderbolt 3 ports you should look into a build based on the new Gigabyte Z390 Designare motherboard. Much progress has been made on TH3 and it's looking very promising. The motherboard does cost 270 USD but with two TH3 ports onboard it's certainly worth it. An i7-9700K or even an i9-9900K is not mandatory to use this for music production. Any of the 6 core Coffee Lake Refresh i5s will work nicely too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back