Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
When I ran Multibeast, the install failed. Had great trouble finding Multibeast.log I suggest that we ought be able to access the log from within Multibeast rather than have to google where to find it, then google how to enable hidden files in order to access it, then figure out how to disable hidden files to return things to normal.

Ok, I'll bite. What's the console application? It's not mentioned in any of the Multibeast documentation. When the error message "Install Failed" popped up, it didn't instruct: "consult console application". I just googled "console hackintosh" and didn't see anything obvious.

Last edited:
Wow. Obvious Answer Man, you got me. This Console thing is good at looking at hidden log files. I've had a Hackintosh for 4.5 years and have never heard of this before. I don't recall it being mentioned in any of the hundreds of pages of documentation, tutorials, wikipages, and manuals I've read. I'm happy to learn of it. So I'll modify my suggestion.

How about, when Multibeast coughs up an error message, instead of saying "check multibeast.log", saying "check multibeast.log using Console found in the Utilities folder". Or perhaps mentioning it in the Multibeast Help Document, which currently doesn't make any mention of Multibeast.log at all, nor make any troubleshooting suggestions whatsoever.

By the way, in the Bug Report section of this forum, there is a sticky which says, "This Forum is Not For Help With MultiBeast configuration or choices. Post your question in the appropriate forum." However it doesn't mention what the appropriate forum is. What is the appropriate forum??? I suggest mentioning that in the sticky, as well as within the Multibeast Help Document.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back