i7-4770K
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So basically, I tried to go into clover and add a custom entry with a UUID and path and whatnot because it was bothering me that I didn't have a bootable Windows 10 option. Upon reboot I've been met with absolutely zero boot options and I fear I've totally wrecked my install. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

So basically, I tried to go into clover and add a custom entry with a UUID and path and whatnot because it was bothering me that I didn't have a bootable Windows 10 option. Upon reboot I've been met with absolutely zero boot options and I fear I've totally wrecked my install. Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

So you have Windows and macOS Sierra?
Were they both booting until the disaster?
Are they from Two disks or two partitions of a Single Hard Disk?
Are they both Legacy Boot or UEFI mode booting?

Do you still have the Sierra USB Installer with you? What are the Boot flags in the USB Installer when you originally used it to Partition, Format and install Sierra on the HDD or its partition.

In which order did you create the two systems; Windows First or Sierra First?

Answers to these questions will be the starting point of the troubleshoot and you have to boot with -v flag and upload images when problems occur until all problems are fixed.

So you edited your config.plist and screwed it up. Boot to your installer USB and fix your config file.

Sorry, basically, I have my MacOS on my 256gb ssd and my Windows 10 install on my 1tb platter, so separate drives. They were both booting perfectly, both just single partitions on separate disks obviously other than the EFI and whatnot. I didn't have any usb's spare so I ended up wiping the Sierra usb to use for the windows side. What's this whole flag thing? and I edited the plist in clover yeah. Sorry if my method sounds sloppy, but I'm fairly new to Hackintoshing. Shoot me.

Sorry, basically, I have my MacOS on my 256gb ssd and my Windows 10 install on my 1tb platter, so separate drives. They were both booting perfectly, both just single partitions on separate disks obviously other than the EFI and whatnot. I didn't have any usb's spare so I ended up wiping the Sierra usb to use for the windows side. What's this whole flag thing? and I edited the plist in clover yeah. Sorry if my method sounds sloppy, but I'm fairly new to Hackintoshing. Shoot me.

Since you don't have the Sierra USB installer you may not be able to boot through Clover to reach your desktop. If you can create one the way you made it before or get even an el capitan USB installer, you can get to the boot menu and then boot your Sierra and re-edit Config plist to get back to previous state.

If you cannot get any USB OS X installer, you may try to boot to your Windows HDD by going to BIOS and making it first boot device and pressing F12 selecting that and boot through Windows Boot Manager. Some times you may even have to Reset CMOS jumper on your MoBO , Load Optimized Default BIOS before you can boot from Windows HDD as first Boot device.

Later you can borrow a USB installer from your friend to troubleshoot and revive your Sierra System.

Since you did not answer the question about the Windows installation mode (legacy or UEFI) , I assume you used the Windows 10 DVD to install it. In that case you might have made a Legacy Windows installation. If your MacOS Sierra was in a UEFI Clover Mode , Windows would not be accessible through Clover Boot Manager.

For a Dual Boot Windows and Mac or triple boot with Linux included to boot using CLOVER EFI Boot-loader, ALL Systems must be the same Boot Mode either ALL l Legacy or All UEFI; otherwise those not sharing Mac's Boot mode will not be seen in the Clover boot menu.

PS. I should stand corrected. You mentioned you used the FD to create the Windows System . If you have used RUFUS and made GPT /NTFS , you might have had Windows in UEFI and both systems might have been UEFI boot mode.
In that case you might have inadvertently selected to "Scan Legacy" in your original CLOVER>config.plist which would have created a lot of Bogus entries in your Clover Boot screen that must have been an eyesore and you might have done something to get rid of them by re-editing your config.plist and caused the problem.

In any case they are all fixable if only you have a OS X or macOS Sierra USB Installer.

Last edited:
Since you don't have the Sierra USB installer you may not be able to boot through Clover to reach your desktop. If you can create one the way you made it before or get even an el capitan USB installer, you can get to the boot menu and then boot your Sierra and re-edit Config plist to get back to previous state.

If you cannot get any USB OS X installer, you may try to boot to your Windows HDD by going to BIOS and making it first boot device and pressing F12 selecting that and boot through Windows Boot Manager. Some times you may even have to Reset CMOS jumper on your MoBO , Load Optimized Default BIOS before you can boot from Windows HDD as first Boot device.

Later you can borrow a USB installer from your friend to troubleshoot and revive your Sierra System.

Since you did not answer the question about the Windows installation mode (legacy or UEFI) , I assume you used the Windows 10 DVD to install it. In that case you might have made a Legacy Windows installation. If your MacOS Sierra was in a UEFI Clover Mode , Windows would not be accessible through Clover Boot Manager.

For a Dual Boot Windows and Mac or triple boot with Linux included to boot using CLOVER EFI Boot-loader, ALL Systems must be the same Boot Mode either ALL l Legacy or All UEFI; otherwise those not sharing Mac's Boot mode will not be seen in the Clover boot menu.

PS. I should stand corrected. You mentioned you used the FD to create the Windows System . If you have used RUFUS and made GPT /NTFS , you might have had Windows in UEFI and both systems might have been UEFI boot mode.
In that case you might have inadvertently selected to "Scan Legacy" in your original CLOVER>config.plist which would have created a lot of Bogus entries in your Clover Boot screen that must have been an eyesore and you might have done something to get rid of them by re-editing your config.plist and caused the problem.

In any case they are all fixable if only you have a OS X or macOS Sierra USB Installer.
How can I make a clover usb to get my drives back?

You need to have another Mac/Hackintosh or a friend who can let you make an Installer through their system knowing that you have an apple account to get Genuine installer download. But for now you can use your Windows in that Computer using the steps suggested.
Good luck.

You need to have another Mac/Hackintosh or a friend who can let you make an Installer through their system knowing that you have an apple account to get Genuine installer download. But for now you can use your Windows in that Computer using the steps suggested.
Good luck.
I have a macbook pro I can create the installer on, just that the clover installer has gone a little confusing recently

Do you have a Sierra or el Capitan Download saved somewhere in its Documents folder? If so, copy that to the Applications folder and download Unibeast 7.01 & Multibeast 9.01 .

Use the Guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/ to the very letter to create the installer on the Partitioned and Formatted USB installer and then drag and drop Multibeast on to the Installer .

If you can test this newly created USB installer's ability to reach the Installation screen, then you can conclude its EFI folder containing a CLOVER> config.plist is healthy enough to be copied to the Sierra System disk ( like cloning a "working EFI folder" from the installer disk to System disk to replace its own EFI folder)and replace the latter's EFI folder.
In that case, reboot with USB Installer to reach CLOVER Boot Manager screen> Switch to the Sierra System HD> Sierra Desktop.

Mount the EFI folder of the "sick Sierra System disk" using Clover Configurator (downloaded and installed).
Navigate to EFI>EFI>CLOVER>config.plist and undo what you have done.

Reboot and see if the Sierra System can boot without USB Installer.

If not repeat the above steps and this time on the desktop Mount the EFI of Installer disk and copy its EFI .
Next Mount EFI of System disk and navigate and paste and replace EFI folder.
Reboot and see both Sierra and Windows are now Bootable,
Anytime you have any problem capture screen image and upload here to share with the readers to get help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back