Contribute
Register

[LOCKED] Guide - New ATI Kexts from iMac 10.6.7 - 5XXX/6XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide - New ATI Kexts from MBP 10.6.7 Update - 5XXX/6XXX

notshy said:
About the post in the other site - that was to allow the use of an ATI card on a Sandy Bridge motherboard.

I'm off to test bench results between having the new ATI kexts and not but still GraphicsEnabler=Yes - I'll let you know when I've got some results for the 5770.

It's working with my Gigabyte H55M-S2 + i3-530 + XFX 6850.

DVD Player and Geekbench are both working fine after the patch (with GraphicsEnabler=Yes) :

MacOSX1067-6850andGeekBench.png

:D For my graphics card ATI Radeon HD 5570 XFX ID 0x68D9 FULL WORK!! in mode 32/64 Bits
GraphicsEnabler= NO

Sorry for my terrible english :oops:

elpibe10 said:
notshy said:
About the post in the other site - that was to allow the use of an ATI card on a Sandy Bridge motherboard.

I'm off to test bench results between having the new ATI kexts and not but still GraphicsEnabler=Yes - I'll let you know when I've got some results for the 5770.

It's working with my Gigabyte H55M-S2 + i3-530 + XFX 6850.

DVD Player and Geekbench are both working fine after the patch (with GraphicsEnabler=Yes) :
?Are you sure the patch is the fix, or just GE=Yes did the job as notshy said?

notshy said:
uukk said:
I'm waiting for the solutions...
The solution is to go back to Kabyl boot GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ATI 5XXX users - you now just have some extra IDs

Hi notshy, actually I have boot GraphicsEnabler=No whit the MacBookPro kext and my system work very well except for the DVD Player (but I don't use this).
What the difference to use Kabyl Chameleon instead the standard branch in my case whit GE=No?

uukk said:
notshy said:
uukk said:
I'm waiting for the solutions...
The solution is to go back to Kabyl boot GraphicsEnabler=Yes

ATI 5XXX users - you now just have some extra IDs

Hi notshy, actually I have boot GraphicsEnabler=No whit the MacBookPro kext and my system work very well except for the DVD Player (but I don't use this).
What the difference to use Kabyl Chameleon instead the standard branch in my case whit GE=No?

It's not just DVD Player. It seems to be any app that tries to initialize certain Open GL functions - my guess is any attempt to initialize a full-screen Open GL framebuffer.

moshymoshy said:
It's not just DVD Player. It seems to be any app that tries to initialize certain Open GL functions - my guess is any attempt to initialize a full-screen Open GL framebuffer.

I have tested only DVD Player but other things like Cover Flow or Time Machine effect are very smooth.
Whit the MBP kext my three connector (DP+DVI+HDMI) are fully recognized without any ATIFramebuffer.kext modifications (instead GE=Yes).
My DP still not working properly but i can set the preference in System Preference panel...

complete success using the "old method" !!!

also "FINALLY" managed to work on 64-bit mode on Asus Rampage III Extreme mobo because of crappy ATY_Init kext !!!

many thanx !!!

finally got the time to test the Powercolor ATI 5770 again.
Result = WORKING. This time I did not change Graphic Enabler and left it is as YES.

Front row = Ok
Widget = ripple effect.

Haven't test the DVD player yet.

Since Graphics Enabler = Yes, does the native ATI kext actually accelerate QE/CI? or because Graphics Enabler = Yes, this means that chameleon is still doing the acceleration, is there a way to confirm?

I've just edited my first post with bench results and some new commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back