Contribute
Register

Local APIC Error during the installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Rehab I followed the guide,

You did not. I can see that you still have the debug VoodooPS2Controller and "still waiting for root..." is caused by lack of GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Yes, Rehab I followed the guide, and I added the cpus=1 -v.

In the first paragraph, Creating the USB, I'm not sure if I have to update VoodooPS2Controller.kext and add GenericUSBXHCI.kext in the USB. It's this? I'm really lost :crazy:

Also... you never filled out your profile as shown in the guide...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

I filled out my signature now. And connected the UnibeasUSB in a USB 2.0.

I'm installing the OS.

What kind of problem I will have if I don't updated the genericUSB?

I filled out my signature now.

Your profile is missing screen resolution, chipset and bootloader. Refer to my example.

I'm installing the OS.

What kind of problem I will have if I don't updated the genericUSB?

It is just that had you followed the guide, you could have avoided trying to find a USB2 port...

Hi! I'm new in this community.

I'm attempting to install Yosemite in a HP Pavilion dv6-6b02ss. This are the laptop specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM de 2,2 GHz
Graphics: (Interchangeable graphics) AMD Radeon HD 6770M
RAM: 8GB (2 x 4 of different brands)

The installation stops when the apple is charging the installation files, in the first step.
I tried to type different boot flags, such as -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 maxmem=4096 but this not work. And I don't understand what is the function of this flags.

A image of the error:

Sorry for my english :'(

Dude did you solve this error because I have a system with exact specifications and same error ?

Dude did you solve this error because I have a system with exact specifications and same error ?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back