Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

Installed Lion 10.7.2 w/ LnxMac 81xx Release version of the driver. All works on the Mac once it get a DHCP but it kills the internet in the rest of the house. No Wifi anywhere. I can't even access my router. If I disable the card on Mac, all comes back.

Thoughts?

Gigabye Z68xUD3H-B3 @ Bios F10
4 GB RAM (currently to be upgraded to 16 when all working)
EVGA 560Ti GPU

Followed viewtopic.php?f=54&t=35482 to get the Multibest settings with DSDT for my Board and BIOS

Thanks
P.G.

Yeah, use the official Realtek drivers. Lynx2mac also have USB issues.

@powergcg5 - Thanks
How do I uninstall LnxMac driver and install the official Realtek drivers? Where do I get them please?
Thanks

It's in Multibeast. You can also download it from the REaltek website.
Just delete the other kext, install Realtek drivers, run Repair permissions (system utilities) in MB.

Where would I find the LnxMac ktext on my system (sorry new at this).

Also, can I just run MB anything even if I booted from my HD or do I have to boot with USB, boot into my HD at bootloader and then run Multibeast?

Thanks .. much appreciated

Just though i would say that the Lnx2Mac installer from MB was giving me USB issues, but the installer from Lnx2Mac blog was fine. I switched back to the Lnx2Mac from the Realtek drivers because it was giving me random kernel panics.

Kexts are installed in--> System/Library/Extensions aka S/L/E
You can remove them by putting them in trash and emptying trash

Lnx2mac Realtek Ethernet = RealtekRTL81xx.kext
Realtek Gigabit Ethernet 2.0.6 = AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext

If you do decide to stay with the Lnx2Mac this is the place to get it from:
http://lnx2mac.blogspot.com/p/realtekrt ... river.html
The installer for this will remove any non-compatible apps. Big Plus

If you want to install Realtek delete RealtekRTL81xx.kext from your S/L/E folder install with multibeast and make sure to check System Utilities like powerpc stated.

Thank you both. With the LnxMac driver from the blog site, it seems to be working okay for now.

with this driver, does your sleep/wake work okay? Was it different (or better) with Realtek. If I choose sleep from Apple menu, it sits there and does nothing but mouse freezes. Another click will bring it back but screen/display/computer still on during "sleep"

Thanks again
pg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back