Contribute
Register

Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext - New Installer Package Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lnx2Mac said:
I'm about to release a restricted Alpha version for testing. Drop me an email with subject "Alpha" and I'll include you.

Excellent.

I sent you an email about it on July 31st.

Looking forward to this.

Hi Lnx2Mac...

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, rtl8111E..

Any new release or "Alpha" for test ?

the release with multi beast does not work, on a GA-P67A-UD3 it works ok ...

sorry my english

c.frio

I went to the LNX2MAC site and downloaded the latest installer. It works great with my Asus P8P67LE B3 (rev.3) motherboard. It has an RLT8111e on board. I used the other option for Realtech in Multibeast during my upgrade to Lion. It had issues with losing ethernet connectivity or worse. Apple's version of the blue screen of death, the "Press and hold the power button to shut down and restart your computer" http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3742
Apple says it's related to networking. That's what made me decide to try the latest LNX2MAC rtl81xx driver. It works great. I loaded it 2 days ago and ran it overnight, no problem.

I'm using Parallels and Windows 7 in a virtual machine and everything is stable. I'm new to Mac and convinced there's no going back to the dark side. :) Windows is a slave on this machine.

Thanks to all involved.

Pokearoo

With Lnx2Mac's rtl81xx driver I get network drops when transferring large amounts of data (Like a time machine backup). Or my system just hangs..
With the realtek driver I haven't got this problem, except.... with this driver I get the Apple Black screen of death (hold power key for reboot screen)

I have this problems since upgrading to Lion (10.7.1 for now). On Snow Leopard everything was great with lnx2mac's driver.

Hardware : i3-540, ga-h55n-usb3.

pokearoo said:
That's what made me decide to try the latest LNX2MAC rtl81xx driver. It works great. I loaded it 2 days ago and ran it overnight, no problem.
Glad you like it... You can now try my latest beta: http://bit.ly/oCsa5z

I'm using Parallels and Windows 7 in a virtual machine and everything is stable. I'm new to Mac and convinced there's no going back to the dark side. :) Windows is a slave on this machine.
:headbang:

postduif said:
With Lnx2Mac's rtl81xx driver I get network drops when transferring large amounts of data (Like a time machine backup). Or my system just hangs..
With the realtek driver I haven't got this problem, except.... with this driver I get the Apple Black screen of death (hold power key for reboot screen)

I have this problems since upgrading to Lion (10.7.1 for now). On Snow Leopard everything was great with lnx2mac's driver.

postduif,
You can try with my latest beta: http://bit.ly/oCsa5z

pokearoo said:

Thanks to all involved.

Pokearoo

Hi Pokearoo,

Just wondering if you would poasting and sharing how you actually install parallels and got win 7 working :mrgreen:

Lnx2Mac said:
postduif said:

postduif,
You can try with my latest beta: http://bit.ly/oCsa5z

Lnx2Mac Its hard to know what your drivers actually work on. On your site you list the added support but never everything it works for.
I have a Vostro 200 with a RTL8110SC lan that only works if I unplug the lan for 10 seconds after boot then plug it back in. Do you know of a fix for this?

1) I get a Kernel panic when transferring large amount of data at high speed, such as streaming a 1080p video from the Hackintosh.

2) If I ever unplug the Ethernet cable, I will never get a new IP from my Airport router without rebooting.

3) How do I uninstall this package completely? I think I'll go with the Realtek kext instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back