2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone.

I have an late 2009 27" iMac that some time ago while I was upgrading the gpu and replacing the dvd with a ssd, I broke something on the logic board so since that I had no display on it, I tried to resolder the lvds connector but no luck.
Any way the iMac works great with other display via mini displayport.

So last week I ordered on ebay a controller board for my display, LM270WQ1-SDA2 and use it as extenernal display for my hackintosh.
And today it arrived :)
The model I bought have only displayport in connector, no hdmi, no vga, no dvi.
It working great although I'm getting a flickering issue on high lights, so I contacted the seller and it says that I should try another power adapter. I'm using a 12v 6A brick psu but the truth is that is a really cheap one from amazon (about 10€), so probably they are right.

If I fix this issue I'm planning to empty the old iMac and convert it on a external display.

Good things about this controller board, complete resolution control and even let rotate the image, cheap (about 35€ from China to Spain)
Bad things, no brightness control via the controller boardo or via software like NativeDisplayBrigthness

**EDIT: 21-October-2018

I destroyed the main controller board after try to power it with a pc psu (yellow 12v and black gnd wires)
Maybe I changed the polarity, not sure. The pc psu have 17A for the 12v so it should works.
Anyway, the eBay seller is going to send me a new one free. Such a nice guy

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-19 a las 15.14.57 copia.jpg
IMG_1003.jpeg

*** EDIT: 4-December-2018

I received today the new controller and I fixed the flickering problem with another PSU. This time I bought a 12v 10A to be sure that it have enough power for the display and good quality one. No cheap amazon psu recommended for this.
And now works amazing!

I will using on this way for a time, but when I had some time I want to empty the iMac and transform it on a external display, maybe with usable ports and speakers.

IMG_1026.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, do you have a link to the board and psu you used?
Does the board have an audio amplifier to use the iMacs original speakers?

Hi, do you have a link to the board and psu you used?
Does the board have an audio amplifier to use the iMacs original speakers?
The model that I bought on Ebay it's not longer available on Ebay, but I could found it on Aliexpress: https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3260...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_4,searchweb201603_52
(this seems to be 19v and not 12v as mine)

Just be sure to buy a good psu for it. And this board model has no audio output, but on Ebay or Amazon you can find other boards that have other connectors like and audio output from the hdmi, but you should rewire the iMac speakers.
Anyway I abandoned this project as someone offered me some money for the display it self.

Which coloraturas profile did you use?. Mine seems dim and off. Could this also be a PSU issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back