Contribute
Register

Little Mac Pro: i5-6600K - ASUS Z170M-PLUS - R9 280 - Fusion Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
some1 knows which fakesmc+hwsensors kext to install to have complete hardware monitor list (actually i'm on 6.21.1412 )?
i can list only cpu/hdd/gpu temp, voltage, but no fans at all (icons or values).

Last edited:
Hey Fl0r!an, did you manage to get usb extra-current to work? I'm not able to charge my iPad. On USB3-ports it is not even recognised.

Hey, I have the same Specs, but my OS X don't boot after the Post Installation Process with MultiBeast. It shows the Apple Logo and the Progress Bar, it looks like 10 % reached but nothing happened...what did I do wrong?
You may have two clover bootloaders on your EFI or EFI backups folders. If they have different configplists it can cause issues. Find the one with the good plist ie.. serial number you had prior to upgrade and remove the clover file with the new one. Also, check to see that you have the FakeSMCkext and nullcpumanagementkext in folders 10.11, and other in clover EFI partition in the Kexts folders.

Gigamaxx: why nullcpumanagementkext ? my setup works perfectly fine without it.....

btw has some1 working fan detection/edit settings with hwmonitor? i can't get mine detected at all (and i use all fan slot available)....

Last edited:
i've installed my brand new gtx970 oc 4gb on my system, but i get quite few problems with boot.
on last step of booting process i get random reboots (sometimes just 1, most of the times 2/3) instead of log on window.
sleep/wake works flawlessly

Fl0r!an: do you have same issues?

i'm on latest 10.11.6
latest clover
same plist patch like yours:audio+hdef/usb/ioapic(from old skylake guide, is still needed?)
smbios imac 17.1
i had to use AGDPFix to patch kext because clover plist patch on the fly didn't work.

efi kext:
applealc
intelmausiethernet
fakesmc
usbinjectall
vodoops2

has some1 same problem as mine?

i also noticed some issues with usb.
my usb3 external 2.5 hdd, after a while becomes unresponsive, no matter which usb port i use.
finder hangs on browsing the disk, and i can only unplug-replug it.
on real macbook pro i've never had an issue with that disk.....
could it be an usb power problem related to the usb patch?

EDIT: i've solved the log in window problem. osx simply hates vga-dvi adapters.... using hdmi/dp no more reboots instead of log in.

Last edited:
i've installed my brand new gtx970 oc 4gb on my system, but i get quite few problems with boot.
on last step of booting process i get random reboots (sometimes just 1, most of the times 2/3) instead of log on window.
sleep/wake works flawlessly

Fl0r!an: do you have same issues?

i'm on latest 10.11.6
latest clover
same plist patch like yours:audio+hdef/usb/ioapic(from old skylake guide, is still needed?)
smbios imac 17.1
i had to use AGDPFix to patch kext because clover plist patch on the fly didn't work.

efi kext:
applealc
intelmausiethernet
fakesmc
usbinjectall
vodoops2

has some1 same problem as mine?

i also noticed some issues with usb.
my usb3 external 2.5 hdd, after a while becomes unresponsive, no matter which usb port i use.
finder hangs on browsing the disk, and i can only unplug-replug it.
on real macbook pro i've never had an issue with that disk.....
could it be an usb power problem related to the usb patch?

Hey guy, I've sold my Z170 machine so I don't have a realtime resource that I can reference when coming up with my troubleshooting suggestions. I have come to find that this motherboard can be finicky when having more than one OS installed. Idk if you followed my guide on Insanelymac or Fl0r!an's but here's a couple of things you should consider:
  • Video output should only be connected through HDMI.
  • OpenHaltRestart, which clears SLP_SMI_EN at start of macOS system, can help prevent constant reboot loop after installing macOS on this motherboard.
Code:
<key>ACPI</key>
    <dict>
        <key>HaltEnabler</key>
      <true/>
  • Ensure you have updated to the latest version FakeSMC kext.
  • It is recommended to use iMac14,2 system def instead.
  • Do not add "InjectKexts" or "VolumeType" tag for the macOS volume under GUI/Custom/Entries/ in the config.plist (when designating name of boot menu entries).
  • Last resort

Last edited:
Hi, how's your undervolt settings running? Has it been stable? What kind of power draw are u seeing now as HWsensors has full skylake support? Is it below 5w on idle?

z170m-plus users: do you suffer from auto shutdown issue after power on?
if so, did you find a way to solve it?
in my case is a random problem.It can be a system update, a system crash, or updating stuff on clover partition,.
once the system reboots (or powers on) it shuts down after few sec, like it cannot post or trigger some kind of protection.
only solution is a cmos reset, otherwise the system keep on powering on and off after few sec in an infinite loop state.
i don't use any windows, just osx on m.2 ssd, updated clover and drives (check previous post).
I played a lot with bios/clover settings,with no luck.
any clues?

Last edited:
little update:
with the help of macinsane, and enabling the appleRTC flag in config, the bootloop seems to be fixed...
i'll do more test to confirm if the issue is completely fixed or not

Last edited:
@Fl0r!an,
I'm in trouble with my Asus z170 PLUS BR... maybe you help me with your config.plist?
Is really helpful...

*P.S. Im in freeze logo in install moment and made several fixes from the post about
170 like, "usbinjectall" and "port lines".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back