Contribute
Register

Little Mac Pro: i5-6600K - ASUS Z170M-PLUS - R9 280 - Fusion Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB not working anymore now :S

Alright, Ii think it was the HWmonitor that was causing the crashing. But, now the next problemo_O
When i use MultiBeast and install Quick Start, OS X boots up from the SSD, but now none of the USB ports work. So, I cannot login. :s. Any ideas?

I actually didn't use MultiBeast for post install since it doesn't have Skylake support yet. I did everything the manual way as described in the 1st post.
Your USB should come to life when you add the USB specific patches:
USBInjectAll.kext (in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11) & raised port limit (otherwise garbled screen at boot)

Tnx,i only added the patches on my usb EFI, rookie mistake XD
I got everything working only after adding 0x19120000 as ig-platform-id
it wont boot anymore?
View attachment 175023

@jbreuer95: On my system the iGPU loads without InjectIntel and/or providing a ig-platform-id. Did you try that, too?

@Originalas: My system boots fine from USB3 as long as I've added the USB patches (USBInjectAll and raise port limit), but I'm not using that PS2 kext, maybe they interfere with each other?

@jbreuer95: On my system the iGPU loads without InjectIntel and/or providing a ig-platform-id. Did you try that, too?

Yeah that works :)
Im gonna buy a dedicated GPU as soon as my salary arrives :D

And i need a PC is running MAC OS X to make a USB UniBeast and a USB bootable El Capitan ?
Or you can do it on a friend's Mac or one at a school, library or college/university. You'll need to create an account on the Apple Mac App Store to download El Capitan and then create the UniBeast installation USB thumb drive. Be sure to also save the downloaded installer to another thumb drive for safe keeping. See also > http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/104542-im-new-everything-where-do-i-start.html

I just go to Mac loading screen ( before go to install screen), after 50% loading my system just restart, i have a MSI GTX 970, do i need more in bios step ?

when create USB install by UniBeast I didn't check any option from VGA support !

You need the boot argument "nv_disable=1" to prevent Apples Nvidia drivers form crashing as they don't support your Maxwell card.
When OS X is up and running, install the Nvidia Web Drivers for full graphics acceleration. Have a look over at the graphics section for more details.

I have the same MB and chip as you and have followed all your steps to make it to install. When I select the "external" boot Mac OS X from USB at the Clover boot loader screen it shows an Apple on a black screen and then crashes (Kernal Panic I think), so the install never starts. Could you possible share your config.plist so that I can use yours exactly? (I have tried other things and I think it would help if I started with something I know works [as far as a .plist] and go from there)

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back