Contribute
Register

Literally cannot read the "Guide," No audio devices, ALC1150, OSX 10.11.4 (probably easy fix, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97M-D3H
CPU
Core i5
Graphics
GeForce GT 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I ran Multibeast after install and everything is working except the audio. I'm getting crazy frustrated because literally everything I read for options has like 6 steps missing.

I installed through Multibeast the 1150 drivers to no avail and it appears the guide wants me to uninstall it. It says:

> Realtek ALC AppleHDA Installation

1. See Post #1, Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
  2. Confirm Audio codec/ALC Injection, see Tools 3.
  3. Native AppleHDA (all methods/10.11) see Restore native AppleHDA [Guide].pdf
  4. Select one method, remove method to try/install a different method

I have no idea how to "remove" what I installed. No options in Multibeast and literally not a word on the entire forums or guides as to *how* to go about this. So that's question #1 so that I can attempt another method.

Disable SIP
Restore AppleHDA.kext

Again, how? Where? With what tool?

I go to the additional guide and it says:

run installer over current install
restart
backup system/library/extensions/appleHDA.kext

Is this suggesting I reinstall El Capitan from my USB? Or am I installing something else?

I'm really sorry but I truly cannot read the "guides." The installer guide details out every single click I'm supposed to make *including* images using the Unibeast and Multibeast. But the "fixes" are to simply "SIP: disable, remove the kext and restore AppleHDA, reinstall via apple.command, restart, DONE!" The level of vague is pretty high and it seems like everyone is running around editing kexts, config.plist's, and everything else and I don't see one word anywhere as to HOW to do any of this.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

yes and yes. I used clover configurator to make sure the EFI was mounted. I'll try it again by manually mounting using the terminal to see if it makes any change. I am using Clover bootloader also.

Edit: So I tried it again just in case. I mounted using the Terminal commands instead of using the Configurators mounting. Ran Multibeast again installing only the ALC1150 driver and it completed successfully. Restarted, still no devices, any other ideas?

Thank you for replying btw.

Last edited:
So i tried the manual installation from github that was suggested in multiple places.

Mounted EFI again

double-clicked the command and received these prompts (answers shown in screenshot)

Then the process began and gave a never-ending "Does Not Exist" response. It went on forever until I finally "ctrl+c" the thing. Not sure if it did anything, here are the screenshots.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 2.12.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 2.12.04 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 255
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 2.14.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 2.14.42 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 222
Did you try setting in preferences by choosing all options here?

we have the same mobo.

Attachments

• preferences_sound.png
    preferences_sound.png
    107 KB · Views: 224
config.plist is damaged.
See Problem Reporting, Post #1, No Audio Devices - Realtek ALC AppleHDA. Post to thread linked.

That's awesome that you know what the problem is! But you have linked back to the guide that I simply cannot follow. I've backed up my "broken" config.plist file after mounting the EFI but after reading the whole guide I still do not know how to fix a damaged .plist.

I assume that this section is where my answer resides:

OS X Version
  1. 10.11 and newer
    1. SIP: Explaining OS X El Capitan Security Changes - Workarounds and Current Information
      1. Install audio/updates/problem solving: Disable
      2. Post install: Enable
    2. Clover/config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all or remove)
    3. Clover/config.plist/#DisableDrivers (do no use, remove and replace)
      1. Downloads - tonymacx86.com/El Capitan Post-Install Tools

Is there any other direction you can give me for what this means? Honestly a simple legend as to how to read these directions might be all i need.
[Regarding Option #1] I've read the post for "SIP:" but can find nothing to coincide with the sub-directions #1 and #2.
[Regarding Option #2] I opened config.plist with Configurator and can see ACPI selection, then see DSDT options. This is where I get lost and have nothing to follow at /Fixes/NO. Then how or what am I removing as dictated by the parens?
[Regarding Option #3] Under #DisableDrivers I simply have a screen that says "Nothing."

I had assumed from the beginning that this is where I needed to be but did not originally gather from the directions that I was even supposed to be using the Configurator. Any additional specificity would be greatly appreciated, Thank you!

Did you try setting in preferences by choosing all options here?

we have the same mobo.

What preferences were you referring too exactly? My issue is regarding no devices available at all. Did you have this problem too? Here is what my Sound Preferences menu looks like:

Edit: Kept giving me an error when trying to attach the images, not sure why so here is the imgur link: http://imgur.com/a/DxEmV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back