Contribute
Register

List of graphics cards that support Mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our cards are different. I will take a picture and show you mine. Actually, I am using a GT 710 which does not appear in the list of graphic cards suggested as signature.. I am running Mojave 10.4.4
AFAIU yours is this one
I guess it shouldn't make any difference, but maybe...

Thanks for your reply. I wonder if you noticed the same detail as I did; the mDP are not hot plug on my card. How about yours?
Ran the test:
If I disconnect the mDP cable from the GPU and then reconnect it, the image comes back on the screen. Same thing if I use the 2nd mDP port.
I guess that's what you meant by hot plug, right?

Best,
-a-

Ran the test:
If I disconnect the mDP cable from the GPU and then reconnect it, the image comes back on the screen. Same thing if I use the 2nd mDP port.
I guess that's what you meant by hot plug, right?

Best,
-a-

Yes, that is what I meant by "Hot plug". If I disconnect either mDP cable and reconnect it the picture does not come back. Did you check the other ports, HDMI and DVI? And you are right, my card is the one shown on the picture you attached to your previous message.

Thanks

Did you check the other ports, HDMI and DVI?
No I didn't

EDIT: just ran the test:
- if I use either HDMI or DVI I get no signal on the monitor
- Then if I go back to using the DP cable I get no signal either (and the computer is also unresponsive via VNC/screen sharing -> seems like it's hang). I need to reset the system in order to have it working normally again

so basically it looks like its DP only without further tweaking...

Last edited:
No I didn't

EDIT: just ran the test:
- if I use either HDMI or DVI I get no signal on the monitor
- Then if I go back to using the DP cable I get no signal either (and the computer is also unresponsive via VNC/screen sharing -> seems like it's hang). I need to reset the system in order to have it working normally again

so basically it looks like its DP only without further tweaking...

You are experiencing exactly the same behaviour as I am from the Radeon card. I spent countless hours trying to get the other two outputs to work but I could not. Something is very weird: if I use a mDP to HDMI adapter, I get no signal on the monitor, but if I use the mDP adapter connected to a HDMI to DVI adapter cable, I get perfect signal on the monitor. I could also get both monitors to work (same picture) by plugging them at the same time onto an adapter with both HDMI and DVI inputs.

You are experiencing exactly the same behaviour as I am from the Radeon card. I spent countless hours trying to get the other two outputs to work but I could not. Something is very weird: if I use a mDP to HDMI adapter, I get no signal on the monitor, but if I use the mDP adapter connected to a HDMI to DVI adapter cable, I get perfect signal on the monitor. I could also get both monitors to work (same picture) by plugging them at the same time onto an adapter with both HDMI and DVI inputs.
Maybe a stupid question but why do you need the HDMI and dvi ports? Do you want more than 2 monitors?
I would just use both the mDPs... Well if I needed 2 monitors. Currently I only use 1.
I tend to avoid using hdmi. It has always been a source of problems and frustration for me. I use dvi for the rare builds I have that don't have a DP port.

Best,
-a-

Maybe a stupid question but why do you need the HDMI and dvi ports? Do you want more than 2 monitors?
I would just use both the mDPs... Well if I needed 2 monitors. Currently I only use 1.
I tend to avoid using hdmi. It has always been a source of problems and frustration for me. I use dvi for the rare builds I have that don't have a DP port.

Best,
-a-

Not a stupid question! I want HDMi because I often use my computer to watch video streaming. I have HDMI cable running from my computer to my Onkyo receiver. I like HDMI because I can use a single cable to carry video and audio. HDMI has always worked for me. But with the Radeon card I will have to use an optical audio cable from my computer to the receiver.

Not a stupid question! I want HDMi because I often use my computer to watch video streaming. I have HDMI cable running from my computer to my Onkyo receiver. I like HDMI because I can use a single cable to carry video and audio. HDMI has always worked for me. But with the Radeon card I will have to use an optical audio cable from my computer to the receiver.
DP can carry audio too. Google "DP audio" ...
what is your "onkyo receiver"? A TV?
Maybe you could cast your streams via wifi (dlna) or using something like a Google cast...

I know that DP can carry audio but when I connect my computer via the mDP hdmi adapter to the Home Movie Theatre Receiver my computer does not "see" the mDP audio output. Therefore, I cannot send audio from the computer to my receiver unless I use an optical cable from the computer to the input of the audio video receiver.

I am using an XFX Fury x without any issues i am even playing Metro last night. Cinebench is recording 104 frames in majave compared to 110 in Window 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back