Contribute
Register

List of dedicated graphics cards supported on laptop hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my eye on the Eluktronics P650HP6-G but just never had the confidence to drop the considerable coin these units cost to try it out for myself. I figured for all that cash I could just get a loaded 2014 MacBook Retina which I have now. I've since purchased a cheap $200 EliteBook 850 G2 again just because I miss hackintoshing and I know this unit works 100%. I think on paper that Eluktronics unit should work just like I said I don't know anybody who has one working. I may have read a few threads but never got a definitive sense that it works. Best of fortune on your own Hackintosh quest!

I was debating to get a Windows laptop for hackintosh or just get another MacBook Pro. I already have a Hackintosh Desktop, I like it. For laptop, it seems less tutorial than desktop and more difficult. So I might just get MacBook Pro~

I was debating to get a Windows laptop for hackintosh or just get another MacBook Pro. I already have a Hackintosh Desktop, I like it. For laptop, it seems less tutorial than desktop and more difficult. So I might just get MacBook Pro~
To be honest in my experience when it comes to a laptop you can't do better than a MacBook Pro. There are certain functionalities from the trackpad to FindMyMac to sleep wake to getting the soundcard to switch everytime you plug in headphones that will never be 100% there with a Hackintosh. You just have to be willing to put up with the quirks which can be a challenge in a professional sphere. I'm used to all of the problems with a 850 G2 but I can't speak to a Hackintosh laptop experience with any other setup as this is the only one I've run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back