Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet link - ty

Youre right Toxic is loud, on the other hand HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 Turbo is quiet at full load... nice

Hi.I have problems getting XFX 7850 to work with more than 2 displays in Mavericks(official release),I have used 3 monitors on 10.8.3 without a problem connected to the 7850 and 1 connected to the iGPU-Intel HD4000 (total of 4 displays).Now in Mavericks I can run 7850 as primary during the installation and after the installation with no problems ,but with only 2 displays,if I connect 3 displays my PC freeze and I have to restart it.I just edited 2 kexts and install them with Kextbeast ,as I did in 10.8.3.,but in 10.8.3 I connected there 3 displays without problems.If I use GraphicsEnabler=Yes , I get Memory allocation error..My problem is I want to connect all of my displays to the 7850 without my PC freezing.If there is a solution I will be very grateful.Thank you and have a nice day.

Everything working but very sluggish performance with my amd Radeon 7950...please help me resolve the choppy performance

I have the same problem. Performance is very poor with two Sapphire 7950s in crossfire. QE/CI seem fine but Luxmark and Unigine are shocking.

Did you get anywhere with your 7950?

I am running GE=yes and AtiConfig=Hamachi.

Gareth

Attachments

• Unigine.jpg
    Unigine.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 157
  • LuxMark_v2.1beta2.jpg
    LuxMark_v2.1beta2.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 173
Radeom Tahiti LE 7870 in Mavericks?

Can anyone with the powercolor Tahiti 7870 card listed on the first page confirm that it works in Mavericks? If so, does it lose performance after sleep, as some others do?

It's finally time to upgrade from the intel 4000, and that seems to be the best bang/buck out there even now.

Thanks.

Hi!

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but couldn't find the answer...

Running a Sapphire 7970 Ghz Ed., Ga-z77x-Ud4h.

Now clean install of 10.9.

Getting the boot 0 gibberish.

My plan is now - after forum research - to install Chameleon on an little partition as a bootloader.

My concern is that i have run Multibeast 6.0 already what installed Chimera on the system.

Do i have to uninstall Chimera somehow before i do this Chameleon trick?

Just worried to break down the running system.

Thanks for help!

Hi!

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, but couldn't find the answer...

Running a Sapphire 7970 Ghz Ed., Ga-z77x-Ud4h.

Now clean install of 10.9.

Getting the boot 0 gibberish.

My plan is now - after forum research - to install Chameleon on an little partition as a bootloader.

My concern is that i have run Multibeast 6.0 already what installed Chimera on the system.

Do i have to uninstall Chimera somehow before i do this Chameleon trick?

Just worried to break down the running system.

Thanks for help!
Try running Chameleon Wizard first, under the Install Method choose what is most similar to your build whether it's one hdd or multiple hdds. See if that works.

Thx! I created a 1 GB (the smallest possible) FAT-partition, ran Chameleon Wiz 4.2.3 and used boot0hfs.

and actually the gibberish is gone!!

But i wonder, do i really need the FAT-Partition? The Chamel. Wiz showed as Target Partition the bigger HFS.

So far, the Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz is running....

EDIT:

the App Store is not working anymore :cry:

Thx! I created a 1 GB (the smallest possible) FAT-partition, ran Chameleon Wiz 4.2.3 and used boot0hfs.

and actually the gibberish is gone!!

But i wonder, do i really need the FAT-Partition? The Chamel. Wiz showed as Target Partition the bigger HFS.

So far, the Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz is running....

EDIT:

the App Store is not working anymore :cry:
Yeah, I don't think the partition is necessary.

Check your boot.plist and see if this is there:

Code:
[COLOR=#3B3128][FONT=Arial]<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3B3128][FONT=Arial]<string>Yes</string>
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Actually, it seems to be necessary! I deleted the partition and I got the Boot0 gibberish again!

Repartitioned again and *zap* booting without error! Whatever....

App store is up and working again, didn't change anything. Whatever... ;-)

Thanks for help!

Need to run some tests now to check the performance. The GPU is just acknowledged as HD 7xxx 3072 MB

Is there a way to let Mavericks fully acknowledge the "HD 7970"?

Cheers!

did you ever figure out how to fix this? i am running into the same issue and am going crazy. Also does your sleep work? my graphics get messed up on wake. I think it might be a graphics issue

- - - Updated - - -

hey all, I'm running an XFX 7950 (one of the confirmed cards) with ML 10.8.3.

I had triple monitors working beautifully until this morning when I updated my multibeast, and now for whatever reason only the DVI and Display Port monitors are detected -- one plugged in via HDMI is not detected by OSX. Anyone know how to fix? I'm pulling my hair out trying to resolve this. It was working fine this morning, I don't know what I changed!

did you ever figure out how to fix this? i am running into the same issue and am going crazy. Also does your sleep work? my graphics get messed up on wake. I think it might be a graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back