Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
HIS HD 7950 IceQ Turbo 3GB still not working :/

HIS 7950 IceQ Turbo 3GB GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI/2xMini DP
Radeon HD 7950 PCIe Series
Memory Size (MB) 3072
Device ID:1002-679A

any idea how to enable ?
You haven't supplied any information that we can use to help you. Since it isn't "just working" the way it should be, we need a more detailed problem description.
Hi guys,

Currently I have a HIS 7870 Gigahertz edition card at stock clocks that can't boot into OS X (it automatically resets the machine upon bootup; no text, nothing).
I tried using integrated graphics on boot-up however my bios does not have that option. It only allows me to select integrated graphics (Intel HD 4000) or PCIe graphics.
The other option was to boot up with a second ATI card however I have a HD 5570 that probably isn't supported by OS X.
Currently when I have to boot into OS X I have to plug in my UniBeast flash drive for use as a bootloader or else the system will just reset itself. This may be part of my problem though I have updated the flash drive with 10.8.3 recently.
Make sure you aren't using UEFI boot in the BIOS, or at least also have "Legacy Boot" or "BIOS boot" enabled. OS X can't boot from UEFI on PCs currently. Also, the HD 4000 IS the integrated graphics we're talking about, so use that.
If the system resets without a flashdrive, that indicates you haven't installed OS X correctly/are not finished installing OS X. Did you install Chimera from MultiBeast after the initial installation?
yesterday I installed 10.8.3

AMD ASUS 7870
i5-3570k
msi z77a-43a

and I found one bug

I can not boot from 7870 because I will get rainbow in my displays
If I boot from Intel HD 4000 all works fine but , I get virtual display "spdisplays_display" (Intel HD 4000)

How I can remove it

tnx

View attachment 52486
Just use the GraphicsEnabler=Yes flag at bootup, and that should fix it. You can write it in org.chameleon.Boot.plist as:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
Okay I have the Gigabyte GV-R7970OC-3GD (OC) and followed your steps to the "T" as well as another member suggested placing ATI7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext on the desktop and running KextBeast. I've done both and no dice. I never get a white screen. My system boots flawlessly with the card in but system info says there is no kext loaded and YouTube, Top Sites and wallpaper transitions flicker and and everything lags when those three occurs. When either of those three arent happening all is well.

Edit: Also checked kext to see if device ID was present and it is in both and it was hazemhazoom who suggested the desktop KextBeast trick. (couldnt remember his name)
The 7970 doesn't need any hacks at all. It's really just plug and play. I would undo everything you just did, as you shouldn't really have done any of that...

If it isn't loading a kext, that basically means there's no driver loaded for the device, so the fact it's even working at all is surprising.
My specs :
- Asus P8Z77-V
- i7 3770k
- Sapphire HD7970 Ghz Edition Vapor-X 6GB

I can't get my 7970 to work ! I tried to do the trick with the HD4000 but the screen stays black. What's the problem ?
Can you do the sleep trick during the black screen? There have been reports that that works sometimes.
You should be using the Intel HD 4000 as primary (nothing will show up on any screen until login if you don't have a second monitor attached to the HD 4000), and then it should work. If not, what does using -v say?

I can confirm the MSI HD 7950 Twin Frozr OC Edition (MSI R7950 TWIN FROZR 3GD5/OC) Working. DeviceID = 679A1002 This card works OOB with the default RadeonFramebuffer and my 27" ACD connected to either of the mini DisplayPort's. I use dwbr's screen rotating workaround here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-25.html#post579839
and also MK500's garbled Boot screen fix here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-32.html#post584685

I use DSDT edits to load the Aji Framebuffer, and I can get both mini DisplayPort's working with this Framebuffer, but no HDMI video or DVI video working. I was able to edit the Aji Framebuffer Personality and now have DVI, HDMI, and both DisplayPort's video out working perfectly with hot plug capability.

I have attached my edited ATI7000Controller.kext for others who have this card. I cannot recommend this edited kext for anything but the specific card that I have working, as it seems to be a non-reference design card (I figured this out when I tried flashing the Official updated ATI BIOS for the 7950 and it bricked the card. *Thank you dual BIOS graphics card*).

Here is the Aji Framebuffer Personality before and after the edits for those interested:

Original:
Code:
00  04  00  00  04  03  00  00  00  01  01  00  12  04  05  01
00  04  00  00  04  03  00  00  00  01  02  00  22  05  04  02
04  00  00  00  14  02  00  00  00  01  03  00  00  00  03  06
00  08  00  00  04  02  00  00  00  01  04  00  11  02  01  04

After:
Code:
00  04  00  00  04  03  00  00  00  01  00  00  12  04  05  01
00  04  00  00  04  03  00  00  00  01  00  00  22  05  04  02
00  08  00  00  04  02  00  00  00  01  00  00  11  02  01  03
04  00  00  00  14  00  00  00  00  01  00  00  10  00  03  06

Hopefully this will help others with the same card,

Dil83

P.S. If anyone can give me any advice on how to get HDMI Audio working on this card, it would be greatly appreciated!!! I've been working on this for a couple weeks now to no avail. I can't seem to find any info anywhere on how to get it working.

Thans in advance!

Attachments

• ATI7000Controller.kext.zip
    670 KB · Views: 193
I have HIS 7850 1GB -->http://www.amazon.com/HIS-2xMini-PCI-Express-Graphics-H785F1G2M/dp/B008RLXK38
I already install kext that you posted here and my device is 6819 so I didn't edit anything then I rebooted my system it but chameleon bootloader won't boot into osx. I think the problem is my bootloader. What bootloader do you use?

Sorry for my bad English

Edit:Sorry I didn't read first that chameleon/chimera won't work. only the unibeast work? I don't know how to get unibeast on my usb thumbstick because it require mountain lion update app. Sorry again I'm noob.

Edit2:Success!!work with QE/CI.Installed 2 kexts without any modification and FBRotate

How did you make it work? I've been trying to make mine work and I get stuck at the weird characters during boot :(

Same characters with chameleon but with Clover let it detect the card and it works.

Same characters with chameleon but with Clover let it detect the card and it works.
Which kexts did you install? I am on a GA-Z77-DS3H, tried booting with IGFX intial and Internal disabled afterwards. What other steps do I need to take?

Did you install FBrotate? Etc...thanks!

hi

is dual screen 100% working with these cards without any workarounds or special adapters? mostly interested in two DVI connected monitors.

im probably going Gigabyte Windforce 3 GV-R795WF3-3GD card

thanks

I have an Asus 7970 DirectCU II card, with a 5x1 portrait setup (2 DVI, 3 Displayport) and one monitor running off of the HD4000 to avoid the "Sleep Trick". This is on a Maximus V Gene with a 3770K.

I managed to finally get it running without safemode and on 5 screens with the assistance of PJALM (See pic below :headbang:)
I booted up with GraphicsEnabler=No AtiPorts=6 AtiConfig=OPM. I was unable to "Auto Patch"/flash my bios(1707) as the DPCI Manager told me that it could not write to the rom, and I am using a DSDT created with the instructions and repo files from PJALM. I am using the macmini6,2 SmBios, and PJALMs i7-3770k SSDT.
I am not even sure if the OPM frame buffer was loaded, as I did not see it in the boot sequence and I read somewhere that the boot loaded does not support the new frame buffers yet, and only DSDT injection will get them to work (This was posted in December 2012, so I do not know if this is still true)...But I do not know how to do that either.

I tried to run the unigine heaven benchmark and realized that I an not accelerated (OpenGL API is dimmed out, and benchmark as just blue and pink blotches).

As this card is not a reference design, and has 6 ports, I am assuming that I need to modify the Kext. I have no idea how to do this, and cannot find anyone else with this card. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• hackintosh5x1.JPG
    hackintosh5x1.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 389
Just wanted to let you guys know, I got my Sapphire 7850 OC edition working with those two kext files. Here's my specs

i7 3770K
Asrock Extreme 4 Motherboard
Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition

I have a dual monitor setup, when I ran one monitor directly from the 7850 with the HD graphics off it didnt even load to the Unibeast USB, gave me a error on the Mobo LED. So I connected one monitor to the HD 4000 and the other to the 7850 and it booted without any flags (didnt even have to use graphicsenabler=no). Loads only on one screen but once the desktop comes, it will load on both. I dont mind have them on separate graphics, I just needed my left monitor on the 7850 so I'm on Windows, I can play games on that one :). Thanks for all the help guys!

**Off topic**
So now I have everything working, except Sleep/Wake, which isnt a huge deal, but if anybody with an Asrock Extreme 4 got it working, that'd be great if I can get some guidance. I followed a guide on here but the new bios didnt make it work, all it did was put the monitor to sleep but he computer fans HDD's/SDD were still on.

Team , perhaps you can advise? I must be overlooking something.

I have only the Sapphire HD7850, the Dual-X 11200-07-20G (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008MJHSFG/), no other graphics.

I have installed the 2 custum (Keegrom and hazemhazoom) Kext hacks. When I boot with GraphicsEnabler=No i indeed get the white screen, which is seems to be the expected behaviour. Then I sleep the system using the power button and this works fine.
When i click the mouse or keyboard the system wakes up (hear the disk start spinning etc) but the screen remains black.

Is this because I have only this 7850 installed and no additional supported Graphics Card?

regards, TonyPeperoni
p.s. I used to run an older NVidea Card in this install before the card broke down and before I upgraded to 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back