Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To all with a 7850 issue, please look here for kext-related instructions. Check out Keegrom and hazemhazoom's posts, specifically.
I personally do not have a 7850, so I cannot help with the kext edits other than point you to the people who got them working.

============================

MSI 7950 3gb not working in normal mode. This is after adding the 7xxx kexts with Kextbeast.

You only need to touch those kexts if you have a 7850, not a 7950, so that did nothing. Chimera works fine if you use version 1.11.1 r1394 (included in MultiBeast 5.2.1). You need to set the "Integrated Graphics" to "Always Enable" (or just "enabled") in you BIOS/UEFI, as well as have it set as the primary video device in your BIOS/UEFI.

Once done, your BIOS and boot screens will only appear on a screen connected to the integrated graphics, so you won't see anything unless you have a monitor plugged in there. Any other monitor plugged into the 7950 will work fine once the OS X login screen appears.

If you don't have integrated graphics, you need to use a different working video card in addition to the 7950, and set the other card as primary in the BIOS (and you can ignore any iGPU options).

Please try that and post back your results. FYI, with Chimera 1.11.1 r1394, the "GraphicsEnabler" setting is useless for 7xxx Series cards, so if you need to use "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" for the iGPU or another working card then that's OK as it won't mess with the 7xxx card at all.

Attanar said:
Now, after rebooting, if I dont specify GraphicsEnabler=No, I stay in a black screen. If I write GraphicsEnabler=No it boots up, but then I get a white screen with the black cursor moving.
Just a general FYI: Not specifying a "GraphicsEnabler" line is the same as writing "GraphicsEnabler=No" unless you very specifically set "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" in org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

WokieZeppelin said:
Is the DVI-VGA adapter working? :(
It works on my 7970, and all 7xxx series use the same FrameBuffer, so I would think so. Just get a model with 2x MiniDisplayPorts, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI since the DVI is DVI-I and has an analog signal. I'm sure the 2 DVI, 1 HDMI, and 1 DisplayPort models could work, though, but I can only vouch for the Digital-to-Analog Converter in the first set of ports.

HD7470m (Asus X54H)

Not working.

I can give you guys everything that you need so "we" can all make it work.

Thanks

Gigabyte Radeon HD 7750 OC - 1GB working fine for now

Here's a little explaining http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...xx-graphics-testing-thread-17.html#post572513

And here are some numbers:

Id7vo4x.png

Thanks; updated!

HD7470m (Asus X54H)

Not working.

I can give you guys everything that you need so "we" can all make it work.

Thanks
Do you happen to know the Device ID for the 7470m?

Got it working! :)

OK, so I got my Sapphire HD7850 working with the same kext files attached at OP.

I have to boot the system with GraphicsEnabler=No (or else it wont boot at all) and then I get a white screen. I put the computer to sleep and when I wake it up, graphics are working 100%.

I don't have the card box right now, but this is the exact model I am using:

http://www.pccomponentes.com/sapphire_radeon_hd_7850_dual_x_2gb_gddr5.html

• GPU
    • 860 MHz Core Clock
    • 28 nm Chip
    • 1024 x Stream Processors
  • Memory
    • 2048 MB Size
    • 256 -bit GDDR5
    • 5000 MHz Effective
  • Output
    • 2 x DVI
    • 1 x HDMI
    • 1 x DisplayPort
    • Dimension 210(L)x105(W)x35(H) mm Size.

I'll look for a way to fix this white screen issue since it's quite annoying having to do the whole workaround on every boot, but I'm very happy having the GPU working.

Thank you very much guys!

Thanks; updated the OP.

The white screen issue only goes away currently if you have a 2nd graphics card (or an integrated graphics option) you can use that is supported by OS X in addition to your 7850. If you have integrated graphics, you need to set it as the primary video device in your BIOS/UEFI and set it to "Always Enable" or "Enable," depending on your motherboard (if you have a Gigabyte board, though, you may need to set the integrated graphics ar primary as well as "disabled" for some reason). You won't see a boot screen with this unless you have a monitor specifically attached to the integrated graphics.

If you have another supported card, though, just set that as the primary video device in the BIOS/UEFI, and put a monitor on it to see the boot screen.

having numerous troubles to boot with my HD7950 'in', I started AFRESH with making a new Unibeast Disk. This time Unibeast booted without taking out the HD7950. installed OS X and booted again to experience the white Screen, tried to put on sleep but then it won't wake up. trying pushing PowerButton mutliple times but still NO.

White screen issue goes away once you have iGFX Enabled and Set as primary boot. After getting into ML on my HD7950, I ran some IOREG Dump and Benchmarks (very new to these) to check stability and scores. Got GPUTEST Furmark 1235

SAPPHIRE HD7950 3GB (100352-2L) Device ID:1002-679A
Gigabyte H77M-D3H bios F9

Now, I'm mostly a windows user and install OS X for casual knowledge. keeping the iGFX enabled and primary causes windows to ignore the HD7950 which is a problem for Dual booters.

Any present remedies ?? use/create DSDT/SSDT or anything so that you can boot with hd7950 keeping iGPU completely Disabled ??

Attachments

• mymac-mehargags.jpg
    mymac-mehargags.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 322
  • mehargags.ioreg.7z
    64.7 KB · Views: 167
Thanks; updated!

Do you happen to know the Device ID for the 7470m?

How's the best way to know it?
Any program that i can install? On windows, gnu/linux or wtv?

Thanks ;)

I don't know about Linux, but under Windows go to the Device Manager (right click My Computer and click Manage), expand "Display Adapters," right click "AMD 7470M" or equivalent, go to the Advanced tab (I think--whichever has a dropdown menu), and on the dropdown menu choose Hardware ID.

Whatever the numbers after Ven and Dev are in the string are what we're after.

having numerous troubles to boot with my HD7950 'in', I started AFRESH with making a new Unibeast Disk. This time Unibeast booted without taking out the HD7950. installed OS X and booted again to experience the white Screen, tried to put on sleep but then it won't wake up. trying pushing PowerButton mutliple times but still NO.

White screen issue goes away once you have iGFX Enabled and Set as primary boot. After getting into ML on my HD7950, I ran some IOREG Dump and Benchmarks (very new to these) to check stability and scores. Got GPUTEST Furmark 1235

SAPPHIRE HD7950 3GB (100352-2L) Device ID:1002-679A
Gigabyte H77M-D3H bios F9

Now, I'm mostly a windows user and install OS X for casual knowledge. keeping the iGFX enabled and primary causes windows to ignore the HD7950 which is a problem for Dual booters.

Any present remedies ?? use/create DSDT/SSDT or anything so that you can boot with hd7950 keeping iGPU completely Disabled ??
You're using a Gigabyte board--according to Tonymacx86, you're supposed to set the iGPU to disabled as well as primary (sounds backwards, I know).

I don't know about Linux, but under Windows go to the Device Manager (right click My Computer and click Manage), expand "Display Adapters," right click "AMD 7470M" or equivalent, go to the Advanced tab (I think--whichever has a dropdown menu), and on the dropdown menu choose Hardware ID.

Whatever the numbers after Ven and Dev are in the string are what we're after.

Here are the strings under the Hardware ID for 7470M (it appears as 7400m Series on devices though):

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_20021043&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&SUBSYS_20021043

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_030000

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6760&CC_0300

So, what else do you guys need?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back