Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add all sapphire 7850 cards
All of them is working with edited kexts
Like this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007JCNOZK?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
I can't just add all the cards--it's not that easy.

Sapphire makes a lot of different models of each graphics card type. Look at the 7850s; according to Sapphire's site, there are 6 different kinds. Yes, some of them are just OCed versions of others, but you never know if they change some components here or there to make that OC happen. Look at the reference AMD 7970 vs. the 7970 GHz Edition, for example. The GHz Edition has some slightly improved components over the non-GHz Edition, and luckily it turned out that that didn't matter much at all. It could have, in theory, as AMD could have changed a device ID or memory chip here or there, therefore making it useless.

So, back to the Sapphire cards. Sapphire has models of 7850s with 2GB and 1GB of RAM. As of right now, we don't know if the 1GB models are any good. Historically, small changes like that have made cards unusable. Let's look at my old XFX 5670 as an example, here. Other people have reported success out of the box with their XFX 5670s, but I had to go in and hex edit the driver to get mine to work. I didn't know why that was, maybe it's because mine was a DDR3 model instead of a DDR5 model, or maybe I had just the wrong ports on my card. It ended up being the port assignment, but the point here is that small changes go a long way with making or breaking Apple compatibility.

That's why, in reality, I really can't just add them unless they've been tested. If all 6 Sapphire 7850s get tested, or we find out that all the OC versions are identical (albeit higher binned chips) to the non-OCed 3, then I can safely add a line that says "All Sapphire 7850s" in the OP.

In other news, OP updated with the new findings!

HIS Radeon 7850 2GB / OC 0x68191002 works with edited kexts
Could you post your model number, please? HIS has 2 IceQ X OC 7850s (A Turbo and a Turbo X), and I don't know which one yours is.

I can't just add all the cards--it's not that easy.

Sapphire makes a lot of different models of each graphics card type. Look at the 7850s; according to Sapphire's site, there are 6 different kinds. Yes, some of them are just OCed versions of others, but you never know if they change some components here or there to make that OC happen. Look at the reference AMD 7970 vs. the 7970 GHz Edition, for example. The GHz Edition has some slightly improved components over the non-GHz Edition, and luckily it turned out that that didn't matter much at all. It could have, in theory, as AMD could have changed a device ID or memory chip here or there, therefore making it useless.

So, back to the Sapphire cards. Sapphire has models of 7850s with 2GB and 1GB of RAM. As of right now, we don't know if the 1GB models are any good. Historically, small changes like that have made cards unusable. Let's look at my old XFX 5670 as an example, here. Other people have reported success out of the box with their XFX 5670s, but I had to go in and hex edit the driver to get mine to work. I didn't know why that was, maybe it's because mine was a DDR3 model instead of a DDR5 model, or maybe I had just the wrong ports on my card. It ended up being the port assignment, but the point here is that small changes go a long way with making or breaking Apple compatibility.

That's why, in reality, I really can't just add them unless they've been tested. If all 6 Sapphire 7850s get tested, or we find out that all the OC versions are identical (albeit higher binned chips) to the non-OCed 3, then I can safely add a line that says "All Sapphire 7850s" in the OP.

In other news, OP updated with the new findings!

Could you post your model number, please? HIS has 2 IceQ X OC 7850s (A Turbo and a Turbo X), and I don't know which one yours is.

What i can comfirm is all sapphire 7850 which has 2 mini desplay port is working i have one 2gb oc and one 1gb no oc both cards is working

What i can comfirm is all sapphire 7850 which has 2 mini desplay port is working i have one 2gb oc and one 1gb no oc both cards is working
This one?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0093172HQ/ref=mw_dp_mpd?pd=1
And all 4 ports work?

Gordo74 said:
This is all good information. Maybe add the actual 7850 kexts to the original post as well to keep it all in one place.
Good idea, I'll do that as soon as I can get to a computer (I've been using a phone for a lot of this).

Hmm... Can you find it for me? It seems like there is no Sapphire 7850 1GB with 2 MiniDisplayPorts... :|

Hmm... Can you find it for me? It seems like there is no Sapphire 7850 1GB with 2 MiniDisplayPorts... :|

I don't know if it's in amazon because i bought from outside america but this is some photo maybe you can find

Attachments

• IMG_0607.jpg
    IMG_0607.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 243
  • IMG_0605.jpg
    IMG_0605.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0606.jpg
    IMG_0606.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.