Contribute
Register

List of Confirmed Radeon HD 7xxx Series (10.8.3+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, sir!
Do you have the device ID for that?
(A picture of the card selected in System Profiler would do the trick.)

Attached :-D

Attachments

• gfxdetails.tiff
    232.3 KB · Views: 1,000
Thanks!
Updated the main guide.

@_mikey
I think your card is a Dual-X model, not a Vapor-X model. Could you check and make sure I got the right Amazon link?

youre right, sticker on top says Dual-X

amazon link looks right. here's the newegg link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=14-102-991

another thing this card seems to have different than others is the black PCB. not totally sure on that though, and im guessing pcb color could even change during a production run. anyway, part number is correct for sure.

mine is working
0x68191002 HD 7850
Sapphire 7850 2gb oc
i have to edit ATI7000Controller.kext and add my device id
and edit amdredeonaccelerator.kext and add my device id beside 0x68181002

I have the same Sapphire Radeon and Im gonna try to make it work with your input, I did not know where to start ! http://www.ldlc.com/fiche/PB00133964.html
11200-14-20G
Coming back for an update in the coming hours !

UPDATE: YES it's WORKING !
Clean 10.8.2 -> 10.8.3 add modded kexts
The Sapphire 7850 2GB OC is working almost perfectly once you have modified your kext...
Im attaching both kext modded for this card. http://db.tt/EGaLO9ZI

@Hazemhazoom did u manage to run 3D app without a hitch ?

edit: working flawlessly for a week with PCIRoot 1 And GraphicsEnabler=No,
i start with black screen then desktop display. Good enough for me

Cheers,

download this two kexts and then put them in the desktop and run kextbeast
then put the card in your system and try with your unibeast boot loader if you get a white screen so you did correctly then sleep your computer using the power bottom and then press your mouse or keyboard to wake it up
i disabled my intel graphics and used GraphicsEnabler=No chimera is not working you have to use unibeast

Attachments

• ATI7000Controller.kext.zip
    670 KB · Views: 5,201
  • AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 4,964
(you were faster than in editing the kext)

i don't have any hitch in 3d or at least i don't understand what hitch you talk about can you please explain more(post a video)

No my first time editing kext ;)
The thing is that when I launch Unigine Valley, I get weird 3D or none. Chess is working and autocad is launching ok
Streaming video is ok, divx as well, Cinebench is working as well.

Im gonna deactivate the intel GPU to see if that helps and try GraphicsEnabler=No,
i don't see anything until OSX is ready to be used but that's normal I haven't tweaked everything yet.

Maybe it is only UNIGINE that's behaving weirdly trying other 3D apps

download this two kexts and then put them in the desktop and run kextbeast
then put the card in your system and try with your unibeast boot loader if you get a white screen so you did correctly then sleep your computer using the power bottom and then press your mouse or keyboard to wake it up
i disabled my intel graphics and used GraphicsEnabler=No chimera is not working you have to use unibeast

I did that as you without changing anything in the kexts just install them using Kextbeast.I used the Sleep trick and it Worked!I am using I7 3770k with HD4000 set as primary on Asus P8Z77-V, XFX 7850 DD Edition,32gb Corsair. ML 10.8.3

Thanks all. OP updated!

Raggatah, could you give more details about your XFX 7850 (device ID, OC or not, and model number) so I can add it to the main list?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back