Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is "Framebuffer=Boa" a typo or something. Google searching just gives me bank of america lol.

Must be documented somewhere?

Edit: Didn't work for me. Got instant Black screen.

Last edited:
I just upgraded from a GTX 970 to a PowerColor Red Devil RX 5700 XT and AMD GPUs are new to me. Currently I have WEG installed and agdpmod=pikera. I can also boot without both of those so I am not sure they are necessary but I have to have that boot arg in order to boot with WEG.

One issue I am running into is that I have to unplug HDMI whenever I reboot or the display doesn't detect the connection, at bios or anytime there after. Once I unplug and plug it back in it works fine. Any advice on getting that fixed or is that just something I will have to deal with? I don't have this issue when rebooting from Windows.

So is "Framebuffer=Boa" a typo or something. Google searching just gives me bank of america lol.

Must be documented somewhere?

Edit: Didn't work for me. Got instant Black screen.

For the people who want more performance.

I posted a list with framebuffers for Navi GPUS to inject if you want to try.

That's my Geekbench score for my Sapphire RX 5500 XT 4GB after injecting the Framebuffer Boa, its for navi 14.

IOREG shows the navi 14 controller is injected.

I am using display port and everything works, sleep, wake.

Edit.: Tried python and gave me a Geekbench score of 130000 but only the HDMI output works.

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 19.54.34.png

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 19.44.18.png

Screenshot 2020-04-10 at 19.43.07.png

Last edited:
macOS Catalina Beta 15.1 version 2 now includes the new AMDRadeon6000kext and supporting kexts to allow support for the new Navi cards.
Whatevergreenkext either needs to be disabled or removed or you can use this boot argument. agpdmod=pikera

List of 5700 Series Cards tested and working:
Sapphire 5700XT reference
Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Sapphire Nitro + 5700XT
Sapphire Pulse 5700
Gigabyte reference 5700
**Gigabyte Gaming 5700XT
MSI Evoke 5700XT
Asus ROG Strix 5700XT
Asus 5700XT reference
Asus TUF gaming
XFX 5700XT reference
Powercolor Red Dragon 5700XT
Visiontek 5700

No Sapphire Radeon VII ?

For the people who want more performance.

I posted a list with framebuffers for Navi GPUS to inject if you want to try.

That's my Geekbench score for my Sapphire RX 5500 XT 4GB after injecting the Framebuffer Boa, its for navi 14.

IOREG shows the navi 14 controller is injected.

I am using display port and everything works, sleep, wake.

Edit.: Tried python and gave me a Geekbench score of 130000 but only the HDMI output works.
I did test with Adder because i own a 5600 XT, instant blackscreen, if i remove ati injection it boots but it uses the standard RadeonFramebuffer.

I did test with Adder because i own a 5600 XT, instant blackscreen, if i remove ati injection it boots but it uses the standard RadeonFramebuffer.
Try the second one Ikaheka. Are you using hdmi?

Try the second one Ikaheka. Are you using hdmi?
yep i use hdmi and i tried also the second one, i gave also a look inside AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext.
I tested it with iMacPro 1.1 or with iMac 18.3, later on i will try to debug what's happening.
Actually i'll stick with iMac 18.3 igpu disabled and whatevergreen, because everything works also DRM and hardware acceleration, but i'm very interested in framebuffer injection. ;)

yep i use hdmi and i tried also the second one, i gave also a look inside AMDRadeonX6000Framebuffer.kext.
I tested it with iMacPro 1.1 or with iMac 18.3, later on i will try to debug what's happening.
Actually i'll stick with iMac 18.3 igpu disabled and whatevergreen, because everything works also DRM and hardware acceleration, but i'm very interested in framebuffer injection. ;)
What is your GPU id?

Edit. Don't forget about boot args agdpmod=pikera, I cannot boot without it , black screen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back