Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, can the latest Catalina be installed on a fresh built system with a Navi card inside? I have read conflicting infos here and elsewhere, so now I'm not sure. Lots of people seem to recommend installation with a RX 580 or similar and then switching to e.g. 5700 XT. But is that really necessary, now Navi is supported natively?

Thanks!
I'm wondering about this too. I'm upgrading my high sierra 1070 hack to a 5600xt and am getting a black screen at unibeast. i haven't found anything in search yet, if you recall some of those threads and want to send them my way i'd appreciate it!

What is the boot flat we need for Navi?

I can’t seem to locate it

Does this need to be added to UniBeast for clean Catalina installs too?
Yes it will be needed to avoid black screen. Another option is to use clover boot screen menu and hit the space bar once then go to boot without injected kexts. You can disable Whatevergreenkext and boot.

Yes it will be needed to avoid black screen. Another option is to use clover boot screen menu and hit the space bar once then go to boot without injected kexts. You can disable Whatevergreenkext and boot.

thanks!

Last edited:
Any of you guys getting a black box hovering the mouse pointer? Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT. 10.15.2. HDMI.

My way :twisted: :

1. agdpmod=pikera
  2. InjectATI=YES
  3. Framebuffer=Boa
  4. Remove WEG!

Geekbench 4 performance went up from 90000 to 122000 using RX 5500 XT 4GB.

Someone should test with the RX 5700 XT and see the performance improvement.

My way :twisted: :

1. agdpmod=pikera
  2. InjectATI=YES
  3. Framebuffer=Boa
  4. Remove WEG!

Geekbench 4 performance went up from 90000 to 122000 using RX 5500 XT 4GB.

Someone should test with the RX 5700 XT and see the performance improvement.

I thought agdpmod=pikera was dependent on WEG? In anycase will try by your example. Also whats Framebuffer = Boa. Google searched it and got nothing.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back