Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gigamaxx Excellent report, thank you!

I ended up grabbing a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro 8GB for $110..
Hard to beat the value there..

I’ll keep my eye on that 5600 XT in the future though for sure. The 5500 doesn’t seem like enough of a jump from a 580, particularly at the pricing a 580 can be had for right now.

I’m a total sucker for great value, so I couldn’t pass up the 580

Powercolor Radeon 5700XT Dual Fan design works. Although first i received a faulty card that blacked out instantly whenever i would run gpu intensive tasks (Geekbench, Heaven or video renders), the replacement is working flawlessly.

This is the card model AXRX 5700 XT 8GBD6-3DH

But the first card gave me some headaches because i thought at first that was a configuration problem, after two days of not getting anywhere i installed Windows and the symptoms where the same.
How do you get it to work? I have the same card however I got kernel panic during boot. It is working fine with window 10.

Tried adgpmod=pikera
Updated Weg, lilu still cannot get it to work?

How do you get it to work? I have the same card however I got kernel panic during boot. It is working fine with window 10.

Tried adgpmod=pikera
Updated Weg, lilu still cannot get it to work?

same card.
I cannot make it working
10.15.2 and imacpro1,1 sysdef

same card.
I cannot make it working
10.15.2 and imacpro1,1 sysdef
I managed to get it working with Idrakus modified config, his EFI. On imac 19.1

Then I added some kexts to monitor system and driver for bluetooth

I ended up getting a VisionTek reference model (see here: https://www.visiontek.com/visiontek-radeon-rx-5700-8gb.html) - I assume this is likely to work due to the reference design?

The VisionTek reference model 5700 (and presumably 5700 xt - more on that below) work with the standard Catalina setup. How can I update the thread's first post to reflect this?

I received and installed the card today. It replaced my Saphire AMD radeon rx 590 (still a great card - now selling for those interested...) Catalina build which is pretty standard (typically kexts, etc - follow the upgrade instructions on tonxmacx86 from Mojave).

The 5700 worked right out of the box. I then flashed it to be a 5700 xt bios ( https://www.techpowerup.com/review/flashing-amd-radeon-rx-5700-with-xt-bios-performance-guide/ ) and it was again recognized by Mac OS Catalina immediately (this time as a 5700 xt) with no modifications. I have not run benchmarks but the Hackintosh normal functionality was all fine.

macOS Catalina Beta 15.1 version 2 now includes the new AMDRadeon6000kext and supporting kexts to allow support for the new Navi cards.
Whatevergreenkext either needs to be disabled or removed or you can use this boot argument. agpdmod=pikera

List of Cards tested and working:
Sapphire 5700XT reference
Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Sapphire Nitro + 5700XT
Sapphire Pulse 5700
Gigabyte reference 5700
**Gigabyte Gaming 5700XT
MSI Evoke 5700XT
Asus ROG Strix 5700XT
Asus 5700XT reference
Asus TUF gaming
XFX 5700XT reference
Powercolor Red Dragon 5700XT

**Highest Benchmark openGL

If you have a different brand and or make please list it along with a screenshot showing support. The above cards have different vbios versions so this is good news as it appears all Brands should be functional. If you test and it doesn't work please post results as well.
VisionTek reference 5700 (and presumably 5700 XT) work. Please see my prior post for details. Thanks!

I managed to get it working with Idrakus modified config, his EFI. On imac 19.1

Then I added some kexts to monitor system and driver for bluetooth

so, I think there are 2 options:
it's my motherboard fault, or my bios version or, maybe, the fact that I have a more recent version of clover. I will test today

so, I think there are 2 options:
it's my motherboard fault, or my bios version or, maybe, the fact that I have a more recent version of clover. I will test today

solution found!
do you want to know where the problem was?
bios? motherboard? gpu brand?clover version? kext?

none of these.
the issue was on the smbios...latest firmware version of both imac19,1 or imacpro1,1 doesn't work.
using posted version or prior version does work. the newer one doesn't work for me.

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-01-04 alle 14.30.13.png
    Schermata 2020-01-04 alle 14.30.13.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 251
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back